“Great beer good lunch”

Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Bennington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Madison family has deep roots in the Bennington, Vermont. As locals growing up and living in the area, the Madison's have deep ties to the community and in the early 1990's the family decided to purchase what was then a burned out storefront in Bennington's historic downtown, and convert it into the area's first brew pub. "My brother Mark was part of the inspiration" says co-owner Mel Madison. "He become passionate about brewing beer as a hobby... And that let us to the idea of starting a brew pub." From those humble beginnings, the brewery has developed six regular brews plus a seasonal brew. To complement the brewing is the lunch and dinner offerings as well as Madison's own home-made chips - a favorite at the bar or anyplace. Now into its second decade of operation, the brew pub has become a Bennington fixture and a favorite amongst the locals. We encourage you to stop in and discover for yourself everything Madison's Brewing Company has to offer!
Augusta ME
“Great beer good lunch”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The selection of beer was good and the lunches were pretty good as well. The location on Main St made for good people watching. We were pleased with the service and this is an excellent place for a lunch and a beer.

• Visited August 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Food was fantastic!!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Out in another motorcycle ride we asked a local where to go eat... Madison's he stated good food and brew, he was right!!! The food was SO good! We ordered the fries as an app, cheese, bacon, onions tomatoes and the sauces.... I asked what the BBQ and ranch sauces were and I was informed all homemade, if they bottled it I would have left with a bag full!!! I had the French dip and my husband ordered the bison meatloaf... They had so much flavor and the portions were just right. The beer was very good, not the best brewed beer we have had but good. The hostess in the resturaunt was awesome and should wait tables. She knew what we needed and accommodated us accordingly, she had a great attitude, I wanted to tip her personally. Our waitress was ok, she wasn't very friendly, and seemed to be in a really bad mood...but the food made up for it... All homemade!!!

Schenectady, New York
“Beer was great, food was okay.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Second time going to Madison Brewery and probably won't be the last. However, don't come expecting to be wowed by the food. The beer was very good (although they were out of the one we really wanted to try, and the food was very average. I ordered a mozarella and tomato sandwich and my fiance ordered a ham sandwich, both just okay. Service was a little slow but not terrible conidering it was a busy Saturday afternoon.

Stamford, Connecticut, United States
“Beer awesome but Food Pathetic”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband were in the area and had dinner here July 7th 2013. My husband had the beer sampler - you get 8 4oz. small beer glasses, they had 6 out of the 8 beers they advertised and substituted 2 of them for other 'guest' beers. My husband was pretty happy about the beers and ordered more of one of the beers he liked. However, the food was a nightmare. Nachos was dripping with grease - I think they most probably re heated the cheese and had no seasoning. My husband ordered 'traditional' wings and we were surprised to see a ton of grated cheese on top of the wings, something we have never seen before. The wings were not even warm and we really didn't like it. Go here for their beer, not their food.

Branchburg, New Jersey
“It was good..thats about it”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We tried one of the samples and it was good. Not show stopping. Maybe next time we are in we will give the food a try.

• Visited May 2013