“What a Catch!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Bennington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Madison family has deep roots in the Bennington, Vermont. As locals growing up and living in the area, the Madison's have deep ties to the community and in the early 1990's the family decided to purchase what was then a burned out storefront in Bennington's historic downtown, and convert it into the area's first brew pub. "My brother Mark was part of the inspiration" says co-owner Mel Madison. "He become passionate about brewing beer as a hobby... And that let us to the idea of starting a brew pub." From those humble beginnings, the brewery has developed six regular brews plus a seasonal brew. To complement the brewing is the lunch and dinner offerings as well as Madison's own home-made chips - a favorite at the bar or anyplace. Now into its second decade of operation, the brew pub has become a Bennington fixture and a favorite amongst the locals. We encourage you to stop in and discover for yourself everything Madison's Brewing Company has to offer!
Easton, Pennsylvania
“What a Catch!!!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were driving to Vermont for a ski weekend and my wife and I decided to stop for lunch, well I decided because of my love for craft and micro brews. I have never heard of this place before looking it up on the drive north. Thank Goodness we found it, good food, even better beer, and some service that was slow at times. We both had the bison burger and it was all we could handle, it was huge. We tried both kinds of fries and they were both spectacular. As for the beer, it was above average on my scale and impressed me being from a very small brewpub. I got 7 samples of 4oz. for only $8. Next time we are in this area, probably next winter, I will absolutely make my way to this place.

• Visited March 2013

Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“Good Food,Noisy”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have eaten three times at Madison Brewing Co. We prefer the upstairs as the downstairs is quite noisy. This last time, they appeared to be short staffed as it took longer to get our order. The food was tasty, but we ate quicky and took the left overs home as there was a very noisy table of patrons next to us.

Visited March 2013
Jamaica, Vermont
“Awash in Suds and Pub Food Delights”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Do the flight of brews sporting one each of their boutique beers. Old 76 is my favorite, a richly dark ale. If you like mussels, their's is top shelf. Covered with a creamy garlic and onion sauce along with crusty hot bread to sop up everything but the shells, you'll want to order the "double dozen". Other delights are typical of pub fare but looking around at other tables, you always see empty plates. Great for the family.

• Visited November 2012
“Good pub food, but limited vegitarian options.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

If you are looking for a brew pub with good beer and standard pub food then you will do fine. The beers we tried were quite tasty, the service was good and the decor was rustic. The primary issue we had is one of our party was a vegetarian and there were limited menu options. They ended up trying the veggie burger and weren't too pleased. Beyond that the other meals were good but nothing extremely special.

So maybe this is too much to expect for a brew pub, but the bottom line is if you have non-carnivores in you party you may want consider other options.

• Visited February 2013
Dover, New Hampshire
“Good food and beer”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were staying in Arlington, VT recently and visited the Madison Brewing Company for lunch two days in a row. Right off the bat I was impressed because the soups were different each day, and they were yummy! I had the tomato pesto bisque the first day and the spicy corn chowder the next. (They weren't kidding about spicy!). The sandwiched were very tasty, and let's not forget the HOMEMADE dessert! Carrot cake, yum! The beer was tasty, I enjoyed the black ipa each day. Their Scottish beer was good, too! We had the chance to talk with the owner as he was our bartender for our first visit. He seems to be trying to run a very honest, business with quality products. If you are in the area, you should definitely visit!

• Visited February 2013