“Yum!!”

Cuisines: American
Tryon, NC
“Yum!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant during a road trip in the Northeast in July, 2013 - it was lunch time and we had 8 hungry people. The fish was EXCELLENT, freshly caught, never frozen, lightly battered, and reasonable in cost! The owner came out onto thr porch dining area and chatted with us, making us feel very welcome, and when one order came out wrong they quickly fixed it and refunded our money! Well worth a stop for the best fish around!

• Visited July 2013

Bennington
“greasy”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

went to tjs and ordered the fish fry to go. they put it in a brown paper bag(the fry was on a paper plate) and by the time we got home, the brown paper bag was soaked in oil. either they haven't changed the oil or the oil was not hot enough. will not return,as my partner got the steak sandwich which was so greasy, he threw it in the trash.

• Visited November 2012
Bennington, Vermont
“Oh my God! What is wrong with the owner!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Went to TJ's last night. While there, a man ordered his food and patiently waited walking back and forth. After about 30 minutes he asked how much longer, well evidently his order was given to someone else. He questioned how that happened and the owner TJ was cooking and he started screaming at the man!! You could hear him at the four corners. This went on for at least ten minutes as the man quietly and patiently tried to tell him it wasn't his fault or the counter girl. If I was this man I'd of jumped over the counter and punched him. The owner was totally out of control. It ruined the evening for my wife and I and I will NOT come back and I'm pretty sure the man and his family won't either. Suggestion to owner, better get a grip or this restaurant will be just a distant memory!!

• Visited July 2013
“Give this place another shot!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to the grand opening and didn't expect to have the greatest of visits, the line was long an the kitchen was seemingly overwhelmed. The woman at the counter was very polite and we told her that we understood that there would be a little delay in getting our food. I ordered a veggie burger and instead got fried and battered veggies. They weren't horrible, just not what I expected. We left and said that we would give it some time before we tried again.

We returned this Saturday and the staff very much so redeemed themselves. The same friendly woman at the counter was very polite and personable and answered our goofy questions. The boyfriend got TJs Fish Fry and I got the chix tenders basket. His fish was so good! Like reallllllyyy good. My chicken tenders were good as well and so were the fries that came. When we were done, we decided that we both wanted a milkshake. We went up to order, but didn't realize that they only took cash! She gave them to us on the house and earned our business.

Great job improving and working out the kinks and kudos for not giving up!

• Visited June 2013
malibu1979
“Amazing!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

What a fun place! And the food is excellent.....many different choices for a fish fry.....portions are very large and could be shared.....but then you wouldn't get to take the leftovers home ;)

• Visited June 2013