“Pottery Letdown...”

Bennington Potters
Ranked #1 of 13 Shopping in Bennington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bennington Potters has been making stoneware pottery right here in Bennington, Vermont since 1948. Visit our destination home style store and pottery works. Free Factory Tours - Come See it Made! Talk to the potters and see pressing, casting, jiggering, finishing, glazing and firing in action. Buses and group tours welcome! Call for more information. Shop at Potters Yard in our historic Grist Mill and Old School House buildings. We sell our dinnerware, bakeware, and classic trigger mugs, as well as our own accessories and complementary glassware, tableware, linens, furniture and more - a unique shopping experience. Shop, factory and gardens on 3-plus acres. In downtown Bennington, less than a block off Vt. Rte. 7. Open every day.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 13, 2013

As a ceramicist I was very excited to visit Bennington Pottery, learn about their location, methods and history of the building. I was disappointed to walk in and see home furnishings for sale.... Shouldn't you see pottery when you walk into a pottery store? All in all, once I made my way through all the cheap glass from China and smelly candles, the pottery finally shone through! I picked a few pieces and I am very happy to have them in my home!

If you're expecting your traditional pottery shop, this isn't it... If you're looking for a tourist trap, this is for you!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Always kept so nice!!!!I love their pottery wish i had more of it,,I guess another trip is needed soon!!! LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

There is a lot to see at this pottery... It's historic... the inventory is both classic and experimental... and it is in a great space.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

You can tour the pottery or shop for decorating items like furniture, mirrors, pillows or all sorts of tea towels, pottery items, food stuffs etc. Plan to spend some time browsing. There are lots of things to see and buy.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had been to Bennington Potters North in Burlington last summer and wanted to see what the original one was like so took a longish day trip to explore it and a few other places. I enjoyed seeing the working pottery in the back of the yard and thought some of the pottery sold in the store was beautiful. The trigger handle mugs especially appealed to me. I didn't enjoy the non-pottery section as much as I had in Burlington, which may have been a function of the slightly less spacious layout. It is certainly a lovely store to include on a southern-Vermont trip, however.