“Love their stuff!”

Bennington Potters
Ranked #1 of 13 Shopping in Bennington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bennington Potters has been making stoneware pottery right here in Bennington, Vermont since 1948. Visit our destination home style store and pottery works. Free Factory Tours - Come See it Made! Talk to the potters and see pressing, casting, jiggering, finishing, glazing and firing in action. Buses and group tours welcome! Call for more information. Shop at Potters Yard in our historic Grist Mill and Old School House buildings. We sell our dinnerware, bakeware, and classic trigger mugs, as well as our own accessories and complementary glassware, tableware, linens, furniture and more - a unique shopping experience. Shop, factory and gardens on 3-plus acres. In downtown Bennington, less than a block off Vt. Rte. 7. Open every day.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stopped in a few times during my visits to Bennington. The craftsmanship and quality is excellent and I always walk out with something even if that wasn't my intention. You can also find great deals in the "seconds" section; hardly notice any defects. No two pieces are exactly alike, which I like. Maybe a little more expensive than what you find in stores, but definitely worth it.

There are newer reviews for Bennington Potters

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a few blocks off the main drag. Parking is right in front of the buildings. Follow the path to the rear first and enter the pottery building. There is a self guided tour with large signs explaining the pottery process. Many semi finished pieces shown in various states. Interesting to see the workers. Then walk to the store building. One section has decorative designer pieces. The main gift building is full of Bennington pottery, other Vermont made items like maple syrup and higher end giftware. There is a section of second hand Bennington mugs, bowls, and plates. Even the second hand prices are not cheap though. It was delightful store to shop at with a variety of items displayed in an artistic way. Enjoy!

1  Thank joyceTL4
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Bennington Potters enticed my friend and me to buy some things we had no intention of buying. And that was a good thing. Charming people, charming selection of things. We did not get to see the potters at work. Good memories!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nice place to do some shopping, though I didn't actually watch the potters in action. Check out the "seconds" - nicely discounted and some of them you can't even figure out why they're seconds.

1  Thank worldgirl2010
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I really liked the factory tour. Here were carts filled with unfired pottery among hanging posters describing the clay to pot transformation. Then it was on to the pottery shop - filled with temptation and nice, helpful ladies. Bet you can't leave empty handed!