“Nice Pottery but not what I expected!”
Review of Bennington Potters

Bennington Potters
Ranked #1 of 12 Shopping in Bennington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bennington Potters has been making stoneware pottery right here in Bennington, Vermont since 1948. Visit our destination home style store and pottery works. Free Factory Tours - Come See it Made! Talk to the potters and see pressing, casting, jiggering, finishing, glazing and firing in action. Buses and group tours welcome! Call for more information. Shop at Potters Yard in our historic Grist Mill and Old School House buildings. We sell our dinnerware, bakeware, and classic trigger mugs, as well as our own accessories and complementary glassware, tableware, linens, furniture and more - a unique shopping experience. Shop, factory and gardens on 3-plus acres. In downtown Bennington, less than a block off Vt. Rte. 7. Open every day.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Tiverton, Rhode Island
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Nice Pottery but not what I expected!”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Visited Bennington Potters after stumbling on their website while searching for pottery dinnerware. The pottery is very nice but not totally hand made...some pieces are stamped out by machine. Thought prices should have been a bit less expensive since the process is somewhat automated. The store does have a seconds area where pieces may be purchased at a reduced price. I was looking for hand thrown pottery with more variety in the style of the pieces, so I didn't make a purchase.
Would recommend a visit if traveling in the area.

Visited December 2011

Brookline, MA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Love This Place!”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I've been coming to Bennington Potters for over 35 years---and I still have most of the pottery I bought on that first trip! The pieces are gorgeous and very useful. Potter's Yard has a nice selection of accessories and home decor as well as a huge selection of the pottery. I get here about once a year now and always thoroughly enjoy the experience.

Visited June 2011
Modesto, California
252 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 536 helpful votes
“Enjoyed Our Visit”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Visited this factory and store during our recent stay in Bennington. Both my husband and I enjoyed seeing this lovely store. Initially, my husband was not very excited about coming here, but he ended up being quite enthusiastic. The facility is very nice. The pottery is beautiful and functional. My husband began talking about how he would like to replace our dishes with a set from Bennington Potters. Although we did not get a new set of dishes here, we did purchase several new mugs. For those that are interested, there are also seconds of some of their merchandise which makes the pieces more affordable. Of particular interest was seeing the factory area where the pottery is made. We watched a very friendly employee making muffin pans. He was great about explaining the process. We were able to wander a little and see the shelves of pottery waiting to be finished.

I would definitely recommend visiting Bennington Potters!

Visited October 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Country at its best”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I love this place!! It's easy to spend way too much money there. You can tour the ceramic room where the pottery is made or just go shopping. They have pottery made on site and also all kinds of home goods (table clothes, dishes decorations and also a room with furniture and carpets) I'm going back to buy all of my Christmas presents.

Visited September 2011
Redding, California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Love this place!”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Bennington Potters is a great place to stop, and shop if you're so inclined. They've been making their pottery for over sixty years. The shop is filled with all the different glazes and pieces of the pottery. I use pieces that I bought over 10 years ago - it's very practical! One of my favorites is the batter bowl. I'm partial to the cobalt-blue spatter glaze, but there are many different colors to choose from. There is also lots of home decor, so plan on taking your time! The grounds are beautiful, too.

Visited September 2011