“A Wonderful stay, felt very safe”
Review of Four Chimneys Inn

Four Chimneys Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Bennington B&B and Inns
NH
“A Wonderful stay, felt very safe”
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I had to stay in Bennington for business. I was a little nervous being alone but as soon as pulled into the parking lot I felt very safe.
The Inn owners are very welcoming. I was brought up to my room. I had #6, a large blue room with a huge bathroom. Very comfortable.
Time for dinner, I started off with the escargot. just a little cold but very tasty. I normally have fish but this time went for the NY sirlion steak. It was cooked to perfection. I was pretty full but had to try the dessert. I give the experience a 5 star. I would stay again and again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 21, 2010

My parents and I take a leaf peeping trip to Vermont every year. We found the Four Chimneys about 4 years ago and have gone back every year. It is charming and the inn keepers are delightful. The food at their restaurant is delicious – I love the duck! The rooms are each done in a different décor and all very nicely done with a great attention to detail. A few years ago our friends joined us on this trip and we have since made it an annual affair.

I’ve also stayed in the winter and gone skiing at some of the local mountains and loved it! So relaxing and a great getaway from the city!

Bennington is an adorable town with lots to do in the area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed October 19, 2009

My new husband and I spent our brief honeymoon at the Four Chimneys Inn, and couldn't have loved it more! We were in Room 11, which has a king sized bed, jacuzzi bathtub, gas fireplace, and private glass-enclosed porch (heated). The room also features large windows that showcase the beautiful trees outside, which are particularly lovely at this time of year. The owners and staff were all very friendly and helpful, but not at all intrusive. Further, the full breakfasts were delicious and beautifully presented, as was the dinner we enjoyed at the restaurants on the last evening of our stay. My only complaint about my honeymoon is that I wish it could've lasted longer!

On a side note, we found the people of Bennington to be extremely warm and friendly. The town also features several interesting boutiques and restaurants, as well as a fabulous spa: the Green Mountain Oasis. Treat yourself to a visit there; you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Fareham, England
Reviewed October 23, 2008

We stayed here for 2 nights and our welcome was great and our room, number 5, a good size and very clean and comfortable and well furnished. However, there is an interconnecting door between room 5 and what seems to be room 6's bathroom. This meant that we could hear converstaion etc from that room very clearly. In fact we warned the new occupants of room 6 of this problem on our second day and were sure to be quiet ourselves!
There is a system here of ordering your breakfast via a form to be filled in the night before. On this form you are asked to state what time you will be down for breakfast but this seemed somewhat pointless to us as on both days we said we would be down for 8:15 and each time waited 30 minutes for our meal even though they had the details on the form of what we wanted!

We dined in their restaurant on our second night and although the meal was very good it lacked sufficient vegetables - a very meagre offering!

We did wonder if there were staff problems during our stay as our hosts seemd to be having to do all the various roles themselves, so hopefully the problems we experienced were temporary.
Although this stay lacked some of the little extra personal touches that a lot of B&B's have, our hosts did their best to make us feel welcome.

• Liked — comfortable bed
  • Disliked — breakfast arrangements
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UKMaggiemay
New york
Reviewed February 23, 2008

We arrived at the four chimneys inn and right when we walked in the door the new owners were very nice. The ice house which is seperate from the main house was where we stayed. It had two floors and had a home feeling with a fireplace and a upstairs. The dinner was excellent, they had great food like steak and fish. Then the next morning the breakfast was also execellent especially the stuffed french toast. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Great inn,view and food.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank skiingx
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed January 15, 2008

Taking everything into account, this is probably the best experience I've ever had at an inn/B&B. The building itself and the grounds are just spectacular, the innkeepers (husband and wife) are really pleasant and professional, and the rooms are impeccable. Great restaurant too, we ended up eating there both nights. It was just a really perfect weekend, and I'd absolutely recommend this place to anyone (actually i already have).

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank bravepuppy
Worcester UK
Reviewed October 15, 2007

My wife & I stayed here for a couple of nights in late September. Great location and beautiful property. Sadly the service was not so great... Arrived late by arrangement with Innkeepers(10:30 pm) having driven up from New York. Nobody at reception to greet us, just an envelope sellotaped to the front door containing our room key and a breakfast list which we were instructed to leave outside our door for collection. List was still there the next morning and we were obviously not expected at breakfast as much consternation from breakfast staff. Unlike all other US B&Bs breakfast choice was restricted in that you are expected to choose from a list which does not allow cereal and a hot dish. It has to be just one.. I ticked V8 as a drink for the second morning and was questioned as to why I had also helped myself to orange juice! The place appeared to be run by a slighty frazzled older lady, who I believe was the mother of one of the Innkeepers, neither of whom made an appearance. One small bar of soap and one shampoo in bathroom, together with minimum towels. Dinner food was great but served in an unspiring room, with staff clearing up and stacking chairs around us as we finished eating at 9:15pm. This Inn could be perfect but attitudes towards customer care and service need major improvement first... Will not stay here again.

• Liked — Location & beauty of house
  • Disliked — could not care less attitude of owners!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Roadfreak
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bennington
Hampton Inn Bennington
#4 of 8 in Bennington
Safford Mills Inn and Cafe
Safford Mills Inn and Cafe
#2 of 9 in Bennington

Been to Four Chimneys Inn? Share your experiences!