Before you think I am someone with a grievance, please have a look at my reviews as I like to be honest and I rate on what I think is value for money. My wife and I were on a one week road trip around New England and on arriving in Bennington had chosen to stay here from the reviews I had read on TA. To put it into context this place was the most expensive hotel we stayed in of a similar kind during our stays in Ogunquit, ME, North Conway, NH and Provincetown, Capre Cod, Mass.
On being checked in by the owners helpfull late teenage daughter we were shown our room which on first appearance seemd ok but was like a fridge inside. Having switched the fan heater on it was apparent that fan heater was faulty and just blew out cold air. We complained and were told that the heating had not been used in alot of the rooms as the seasonal weather had only just turned cold. Was told the heating may take awhile to get going, please note this was fan heater for the room not heated by a central heating system for the hotel. We then got moved into the room next door where again it was like a fridge, the fan heater worked a little better but sufficiently well to enable my wife to take her coat and chance having a shower. We complained again as there must have been a room in the hotel that was not so poorly heated. We were told there was not and were offered our money back if we wanted to leave and check out. We were both hungary and decided to chance staying as we had no other place in mind where to stay.
By the time we got back from our meal, the room had warmed. The beds were comfortable and during the night was cold which would not be a problem but when she pulled up the outer bedding to keep warm she found it smelt unclean, grubby and damp. So her memories of being at the Paradise Inn are those of being cold.
Sorry we shall not be visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Paradise Inn is Bennington’s most unique place to stay. Enveloped in gardens and lawns, the Inn is quiet, secluded, peaceful, yet just five minutes from quaint downtown Bennington by foot, where you’ll find shops and great restaurants, coffee and pizza, a fantastic gym and much more. Our 77 rooms are clean, spacious, and well-maintained, and priced ever-so-reasonably. The prefect lodging for individuals, couples, families, and groups, our rooms come in a variety of sizes, from Suites with patios or decks to comfortable economy rooms with king/queen or double beds. Our pool is solar heated to just the right temperature in the summer and surrounded by a slate-stone patio with many chairs and umbrella covered tables. There's great dining just a minute walk away or in downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Paradise Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Hotel Bennington
- Paradise Motel Bennington
- Paradise Motor Inn