“Very very disappointed.”
Review of Paradise Inn

Paradise Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Bennington
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Before you think I am someone with a grievance, please have a look at my reviews as I like to be honest and I rate on what I think is value for money. My wife and I were on a one week road trip around New England and on arriving in Bennington had chosen to stay here from the reviews I had read on TA. To put it into context this place was the most expensive hotel we stayed in of a similar kind during our stays in Ogunquit, ME, North Conway, NH and Provincetown, Capre Cod, Mass.
On being checked in by the owners helpfull late teenage daughter we were shown our room which on first appearance seemd ok but was like a fridge inside. Having switched the fan heater on it was apparent that fan heater was faulty and just blew out cold air. We complained and were told that the heating had not been used in alot of the rooms as the seasonal weather had only just turned cold. Was told the heating may take awhile to get going, please note this was fan heater for the room not heated by a central heating system for the hotel. We then got moved into the room next door where again it was like a fridge, the fan heater worked a little better but sufficiently well to enable my wife to take her coat and chance having a shower. We complained again as there must have been a room in the hotel that was not so poorly heated. We were told there was not and were offered our money back if we wanted to leave and check out. We were both hungary and decided to chance staying as we had no other place in mind where to stay.
By the time we got back from our meal, the room had warmed. The beds were comfortable and during the night was cold which would not be a problem but when she pulled up the outer bedding to keep warm she found it smelt unclean, grubby and damp. So her memories of being at the Paradise Inn are those of being cold.
Sorry we shall not be visiting again.

4  Thank Scarletfez
Phil P, Owner at Paradise Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

My sincere apologies for the lack of heat in your room. It is in our policy to have all reserved rooms at a comfortable temp for arrivals. Thank you for the review and we will use it to better serve our guests in the future.

There are newer reviews for Paradise Inn

Reviewed November 4, 2013

First time I was in Vermont , I wasn't disappointed.... Quaint Inn friendly staff and large comfortable room , we went the last weekend in Oct but the gardens were still beautiful ....great for a weekend getaway would definitely stay here again

4  Thank Jenn M

Thank you for the review and I'm so glad you enjoyed the gardens. Many guests don't take the time to enjoy the beautiful backyard my family has created over the many years. From my brother's perennial flowers to the rustic stone walls that wind the property. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The staff was very friendly and the front desk is staffed 24/7. I was there in October so couldn't use the pool, but it looked beautiful with pretty gardens - very peaceful. The room was large and comfortable and had nice artwork hung on the walls. The lobby area was large with two large couches and a big screen TV. Basically, this hotel was very clean and comfortable. There is a cafe/coffee shop on the other side of the parking lot, which made it convenient.

3  Thank Janet H
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was here over the summer with my kids; the room we had was large and clean, no complaints; there was a kitchenette and a deck with tables/chairs off to the side. The pool and gardens were very pretty.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chris s
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I found this place last minute, as I was driving through and wanted to stay the night and then go hiking in The Green Mountains the next day. I got a good price, and the place was great for what I paid. It wasn't the nicest place in the world, but a comfortable room and nice staff made me glad I picked it.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jjax12
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I have been staying at the Paradise Inn for the last 5 Years. Rooms are clean and spacious. Always a friendly face at the front desk to answer all of your questions. Paradise Inn is located in a great area of Bennington to enjoy all of the sights. Hopefully we will return in the years to come.

1  Thank Bette H

What a nice review and thanks so much for the patronage over the years. Glad you enjoyed our unique location of being central but yet secluded. Thanks for the kind review.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Looked online for a motel for a weekend getaway with my girlfriend,called a handful of places and after our stay can honestly say couldn't have picked a better place. Stayed in king sauna room it was great. Price was excellent given the chance will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Alsirjr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bennington
Hampton Inn Bennington
#2 of 8 in Bennington
Bennington Motor Inn
Bennington Motor Inn
#7 of 8 in Bennington

Been to Paradise Inn? Share your experiences!