“Fine for a night stay when traveling through.”
Review of Paradise Inn

Paradise Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Bennington
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

This place was hard to find, its in the back with poor lighting and the office is behind a stand of bushes. Once we found the place and checked in we then had to find our way in the dark to the correct building. The hallways smell moldy which was not a good sign but once in the room we were relieved that it was doable, not great.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I have been coming to the Paradise Inn, twice a year, for the past 20 years!
The rooms are wonderful, large and clean, the complimentary morning coffee is delicious, and the hotel is in walking distance of many restaurants. A highlight for us is the landscaping; the grounds are gorgeous, with flowering plants, bushes, and large, mature trees. The pool is great, and there is even a hammock for daydreaming and sky gazing. Many of the rooms have patios and balconies, and this outdoor dimension adds a lot of charm for us. The owners and management of Paradise are lovely and friendly people, and they do all they can to make their guests comfortable and welcome. We feel so grateful to have this home-away-from-home, and look forward to many more years of enjoyment!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the Paradise Inn. Another couple we were traveling with also stayed, and their room was right next to ours. We were on the first floor. I did not hear any noise from above or next door, either side. The first night we were there, the place was booked....a huge motorcycle group from PA was there, yet all was quiet, except for in the morning when the motorcyclists left. The gardens and grounds were very nice. We made use of the gazebo, with our wine, cheese and wonderful travel mates, even though it was drizzling outside, we remained dry. The pool looked inviting and clean....but it was too cool for my likes to swim. The air temp was only in the 50s. Back to the room....it was large, very clean, no smells. Television worked. King bed was soooo comfortable. Bathroom was spotless. We had a very nice patio outside our sliding glass door. The main office personnel were very nice and helpful. The Inn was near downtown so we were close to great eating places and shopping. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone.....and would love to stay there again in the future!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the back yard gardens!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carol S
PappasatParadiseInn, Owner at Paradise Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing us on your stay in Bennington. I'm glad you enjoyed the beautiful backyard we offer. Many of the guests we have make the grounds a big part of their stay.Vermont has it's beauty in every season. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

As part of a two week New England and Canada trip, we stopped overnight at the Paradise Inn. We had travelled about 12 hours that day and were very tired, so we stopped at the first hotel in town (we were travelling west on Highway 9). I cannot remember the name of the motel, but after talking with the sullen clerk that barely spoke English and looking at the smelly rooms, we decided to move on down the road! We checked at a couple of hotels that were full and one of them recommended the Paradise Inn, which did have some vacancies. We were given two rooms in the farthest building (by the tennis courts). They were both located right inside the entrance door, but we did not notice any noise from other guests coming and going. The rooms were large and the bed was comfy. The room we had only had a small walk-in shower, but we were told this when we checked in and agreed to that so we could be close to our family in the other room. The only complaint I have is that you could clearly hear the people walking around and even talking, so there is not very good insulation in the rooms. We were so tired, however, that we were able to sleep despite the noise from above us. The rooms do not have coffee pots in them, but they did have a coffee pot in the front office (which was in another building). If we were going to stay more than one night at this location, I would recommend asking for a second floor room so that you won't hear the upstairs neighbors stomping around. Also, the building all have a punch code to enter rather than using your room key. My suggestion is to have the hotel invest in a light over the door so you can see the keys to punch! I punched in the wrong code several times just because I could not see the pad. The staff at the hotel were friendly enough and directed us to a good shopping area so we could get some supplies.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room as the building are not very well insulated. There are no elevators so...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed here with family just this last week. We picked the place randomly, based on price and location and didn't know what to expect. It was clean and comfortable. We had a patio with our room and my sister in law had a balcony. Very nice touch..:)
Check in was smooth. Wi-Fi worked.They have coffee available in the lobby after 7AM, which was surprislingly good.
It was only one night so the review is not extensive but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again

Room Tip: Get a premier king!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Paradise Inn in Bennington, Vermont and was very impressed with the Hotel, Hotel staff and the beautiful location. The Hotel is located on very picturesque grounds with beautiful views and close proximity to all the things a traveler seeks in a visit to the beautiful state of Vermont. From the very knowledgeable, friendly and professional staff to all the amenities this Hotel offers, I was greatly impressed! A beautifully designed swimming pool, romantic gazebo, and well manicured gardens, made my stay so enjoyable! The rooms are large, well decorated and give the feeling of being at home! My words cannot possibly communicate what a great place the Paradise Inn is, so go see for yourself, and experience the greatest place to stay, in Bennington, Vermont!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

When I return to my hometown of Bennington, VT I always stay at the Paradise Inn. Whether I stay with my husband in a nice sauna suite, or return with my daughter or sister and want a room by the pool, the Paradise Inn offers large, beautiful grounds for outdoor relaxation. My sister and I were recently there and used the pool every day. There are lots of seating areas around the pool and around the grounds designed for conversation or just for sitting and reading a book. This is the ideal place to stay if you love the outdoors and want to enjoy Vermont scenery. The location is also ideal for walking into the small town of Bennington or for walking the other direction to the Bennington Museum, the Old First Church and the Bennington Battle Monument. If you're a history buff, you may want to engage the very knowledgable owner in a conversation about some of the historic sites in the area. Good place to relax in a unique setting!

Room Tip: The rooms with an outdoor patio or balcony are very nice for the outdoor aspect.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bennington
Hampton Inn Bennington
#3 of 16 in Manchester
Best Western Bennington
Best Western Bennington
#2 of 8 in Bennington

Been to Paradise Inn? Share your experiences!