“DO NOT stay here!”

Rodeway Inn Bellows Falls
Princeton, Massachusetts
“DO NOT stay here!”
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Several of my family members were travelling together for the purpose of a Memorial Service. Of the 4 rooms that we reserved, only one of them had any redeeming qualities. ALL smelled like something had died in them, and because the windows don't open one was forced to deal with the odor. The sheets and blankets also smelled and when I turned down the covers I discovered a dead bug in the bed. The next morning I couldn't even face the shower! The bathroom floor was dirty and the shower was stained with rust as the water is constantly dripping.

Stay if you must, but bring some air fresheners, oh! and a hair dryer.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Essex Junction, Vermont
Reviewed July 21, 2007

We needed a place to stay somewhere near Windsor, VT just for an overnight. This was the only thing I could find that was available (thanks to the Simpsons Movie premiere in Springfield, I'm sure!) My son and I arrived close to 10pm and left by 7:30 the next morning. I killed a wasp in the bathroom when we first got there. There were piles of hair rolling around the bathroom floor. There were several spider webs hanging around the ceilings/walls. When I went to take a shower in the morning, there was a live daddy-long-legs in the shower
/tub. Our door was so bad that I didn't think it actually could shut all the way, let alone lock. There was a chain, but everything seemed
so poor about the quality of the door, if anyone wanted to bust in, they could have done so. It was way overpriced ($97 with tax) for the
one night and not even a clock in the room. Definitely will not stay there again. Won't recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — it was easy to find - right off the exit.
  • Disliked — everything. shabby, overpriced, dirty.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank cspolski

Travelers are raving about these Bellows Falls hotels

Deep in the Heart of Texas
Reviewed October 29, 2006

This was absolutely the worst excuse for a hotel/motel for the 20th century. Not only did the lobby wreak of moldy, musty odors but when we asked to see our room, it wreaked of something dead...yes I said dead. I gagged all the way across the parking lot. I immediately went in to cancel my reservation but guess what? I got my AMEX bill today and they charged me.
Do not stay here unless you cannot breathe or do not care what you might contract...FILTHY and DISGUSTING !!! PEOPLE AT THE FRONT DESK WERE VERY RUDE.
From
Deep in the Heart of Texas.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing...Filthy
  • Disliked — Smelled Horrible
  • Tips/Secrets — Don"t Stay Here If Yiu Value Your Health
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Grossed
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2006

This was a last minute reservation! For what this place is - a roadside motel, the rates are way beyond reasonable. At the very least the pot holes in the drive could be filled in. The room was clean and the bed linen fresh. Overall, the motel had a very tired and slightly run down feel about it. This is a pity since I believe it has potential to be quite pleasant.

If you do stay you must have a car. The motel is 3 miles out of Bellows Falls and there is no public transport. We learned again the truism that travellers depend so much on the kindness of strangers - and the people of BF showed great hospitality and welcome as well as privide me with several much appreciated lifts.

• Liked — Cable TV
  • Disliked — No kitchen facilities
  • Tips/Secrets — Go here is you have absolutely no where else to go
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SydneyPaul
Lexington Park, MD
Reviewed October 27, 2005

I've never stayed in any pace as bad as this. We were fooled by the glowing advertisement for the place. Unfortunately, all Holiday Inns and better hotels within a 30 mile radius of Keene, NH were booked weeks in advance due to the Pumpkin Festival.

Outside the front of the office section there were piles of old chairs.

As soon as we opened the door to our room, we were greeted with a terrible stink. Upon entering the room and closing the door, we saw black mold growing on the inside of the door.

The bedding appeared to be clean, however, the bed was quite hard and uncomfortable. The heat thermostat
on the wall did not work. Mold was growing on the tiles around the bath tub.

The price for all this was $89 a night. It would have been over priced at $10. I don't plan to overnight in that area again, but if I do, it won't be at the Everyday Inn.

7 Thank steppye
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 27, 2005

When we first entered our room it smelled like mold. We had to crank the heat and open the door to air it out. Beds were very uncomfortable and bathroom did not look clean. These rooms are nothing like they describe in on their website. We would have gone somewhere else if there were rooms available.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego
Reviewed October 25, 2005

I don't know where to begin. Our room smelled like mold. The beds were rock hard. There was mildew and strangers hair all over the shower. Light fixture missing on the light in bathroom. Duct tape holding air conditioner unit together. Sleeping there was a challenge because of the before mentioned hard bed and the smell. Later when I unpacked, the pajamas that I wore while there also smelled like mold.

Most definitely not worth the $89/night they charge. Definitely would have left if there had been room anywhere else near by.

Although, the ladies that ran the motel seemed very nice.

4 Thank jstap
#2 of 6 in Putney
Motel in the Meadow
Motel in the Meadow
#1 of 1 in Chester

Been to Rodeway Inn Bellows Falls? Share your experiences!