“For the price, it was great!”

Rodeway Inn Bellows Falls
Reviewed October 31, 2011

If we were only reviewing budget motels here, I would give it five stars. My room was a little worn, but clean. It was the most comfortable mattress I have slept on even in more expensive lodgings. I expect to be back at some point!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank judyinCT

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Needing to find a place in Bellows Falls for the wake of a family member, I was given the name of this hotel to call. Not knowing anything about it, I called and booked 2 rooms in the afternoon and arrived about 8 hrs later. The person on the phone was extremely nice and very helpful. I was told that no one would be there when we arrived but that they would give me the room numbers and leave those doors open with the key to the rooms left inside. I guess crime in Vermont is not an issue. Upon arriving at the hotel, it looked alittle rough on the outside but it was clean. When entering the rooms, there was an oder but it was not that bad. The room and bathroom was clean. I stripped the beds to check for bed bugs and the mattress appeared to be new and where clean are clear of bugs. The beds were very comfortable. The air conditioner worked well and having a small refrigerator was a nice help. They offered a free continental breakfast from 7-10am which included bagels, muffins, donuts, cereals, juice and coffee. What was nice was they had a waffle machine that worked well and the waffles were very good. All in all, a very comfortable stay at a very reasonable and affordable price. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank masstang
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Unfortunately we were traveling through Vermont not realizing that due to the "E-Fair" there were no rooms to be had...pulled off at an exit with the blue bed sign and found the Everyday Inn. We were desparate and they only had one room left. It turned out that our room was clean as was the bathroom. Shower was nice and hot and the bed was very comfortable. Seems its a work in progress--brand new steel doors. Breakfast was adequate--even had a waffle machine!

Room Tip: Just make sure you lock your door....someone tried to get in our room, mistaking it for theirs!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angie T
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Our reason for picking Everyday Inn, we need an inexpensive place to stay for a weekend wedding in Grafton. We stayed 2 nights.
Like others, we were very apprehensive about our stay, to the point of brining a can of Lysol spray (never did that before). Our room (#21) had an off smell, we can only describe as sale smoke, you became accustom to it after a while, using the spray may have helped. We were quite surprised: the bathroom, fridge, the mattress & bedding and carpet all appeared to be new. The bathroom door & front door (a Jeld-Wen exterior door) were also new. Evidently they are trying to upgrade the rooms.
Some negatives: the large step into the room, a few holes in the walls, a loose outlet and the windows need replacing. We were very disappointed about the pool, it had water and appeared to be clean but the gate was locked & the concrete deck was in poor condition, weeds overgrowing the fence and the chairs very dirty. The grounds did need some attention.
The cleaning lady was from Claremont and suggested a small diner (Rusty's) for breakfast which turned out to be a very good choice. Our room was very neat & clean.
All in all, it was not as bad as we anticipated & would stay there again.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have been upgraded at the time of our visit.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 20traveler11
Reviewed July 27, 2011

After reading the horrid reviews of this place, I was extremely apprehensive about spending even one night, but it was the most convenient location for the outdoor activities my friends and I had planned. We rented 3 rooms and, surprisingly, all were quite adequate. Granted, there were some obvious flaws in the decor, but everything worked, the beds were clean, as were the tub areas, and the price was very reasonable. We would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tonto7
Reviewed October 12, 2010

the rooms were small, they needed more help , and the breakfast counter was a complete mess both days

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank BaatimoreTraveler
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Several of my family members were travelling together for the purpose of a Memorial Service. Of the 4 rooms that we reserved, only one of them had any redeeming qualities. ALL smelled like something had died in them, and because the windows don't open one was forced to deal with the odor. The sheets and blankets also smelled and when I turned down the covers I discovered a dead bug in the bed. The next morning I couldn't even face the shower! The bathroom floor was dirty and the shower was stained with rust as the water is constantly dripping.

Stay if you must, but bring some air fresheners, oh! and a hair dryer.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Rose Arbour Bed and Breakfast
Motel in the Meadow
Motel in the Meadow
#1 of 1 in Chester

Been to Rodeway Inn Bellows Falls? Share your experiences!