“Family fun”
Review of Lake View Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barton
Lake View Cabins
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have been going here for 40 years. We spent our honeymoon here... brought three children
... and now our grand daughter.

It is a peaceful area where you can enjoy yourselves.

We have been thru 3 generations of the Rollins family with the same positive experience.

Great place for family fun, at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lou M

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have been going to lake view Cabins with my family since I was a baby, 29 years of great family memories! This year I was able to take my husband and my 18 month old son to continue the family tradition. We have even had family reunions here with great picnics on the beach! The cabins are clean and cozy and its so much fun to sit out on the porch and look at the lake and listen to the loons. Other reviewers have said that the noise of the road was bothersome, but it really isn't. My 18 month old slept really well in his pack and play and never had an issue falling asleep or staying asleep and neither did my husband or I. My son had so much fun running around the beach, playing with his sand toys, swimming in the lake, and sitting by the camp fire that every night he was exhausted from all the fun in the sun!! There is a great little grocery store in town and we also went out to a few little restaurants for breakfast. The owner of lake view cabins is very sweet and friendly and is willing to help with any questions and is so much fun to chat with. My family and I live in the Washington D.C area and we really needed a relaxing and fun vacation and we definitely found it at Lake View Cabins!! I would definitely recommend taking your family to Lake View Cabins, there is a reason my family has been going for years!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanne B
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This was my second stay at Lake View Cabins and I enjoyed this one even more than my first (Labor Day weekend '12). The cabins are quaint and reasonably priced. The owner is extremely nice and a joy to chat with. She was very helpful with any questions I asked and even had a menu on hand of a great little spot in town to grab some breakfast at. Speaking of food, with a stove and refrigerator in each cabin they have everything you need for an extended stay. WiFi is available in several of the cabins nears the main house, but I wasn't interested in that. I come up here to get away from all the hustle and bustle of everyday life..and it is fantastic. The lake is wonderful place to relax at with beautiful water, but they also have a paddle boat or canoe (free of charge) to entertain your adventurous side. Finally, there is a campfire nearly every night by the lake and it's a great place to wind down, meet other cabin vacationers, or my personal favorite, making smores!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Just back from two weeks at Lake View Cabins. I have been coming with my children and now grandchild for twenty years. The cabins are clean and there are dishes and pots, pans etc. It is a great place for a relaxing no stress family vacation. We had a campfire almost every night. The road is not a problem as there are very few cars and almost no trucks now because they are allowed on the Interstate again. Things to do in the area include Fairbanks Museum, Bread and Puppet Museum, Brownsville Village, Jay Peak Water Park, many golf courses and of course fishing, swimming, volleyball and horseshoes, canoeing all right on site and free.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 57201LindaD138
Reviewed October 11, 2011

When I was planning our trip to Vermont, I wanted to stay outside of the city and not in a chain hotel. After looking at pictures of the cabins and reading the reviews of others who claimed to return to the cabins every year for decades, I thought I had found the perfect place. It was not was I expected at all. Let me say first, that I lived out in the country my whole life and am not afraid to "rough it" a little bit. I don't need to stay in the Ritz, but I was not prepared for what we saw when we checked in. The manager of the cabins was very sweet and gave us our keys and linens (for a fee). We drove back to our cabin and after a day of driving in the cold rain, we were ready to relax. Stepping into the cabin, we started noticing things right away. The "heat" was a single radiator in the dining room which didn't heat the cabin because the windows couldn't be closed completely so there was a cold draft (not to mention serious road noise from the highway below). There were more cobwebs and bugs than I care to remember. The flooring was peeling up, the bathroom was a nightmare, and nothing looked very clean. We decided to tough it out, but the last straw was when we pulled out a knife provided in the kitchen to cut up an apple and found it to be caked in remnents of food from the last use. We immediately drove up toward the main house (the only area where WiFi was available) and opened the laptop to find other accomodations for the next night.That night we slept in our clothes, shivering cold, on the most uncomfortable bed. I'm sure for some people, during the summer, this is a great, inexpensive place to stay, but for us, it was a total nightmare. I will say that the view of the lake was nice and the manager seemed nice, but the location in relation to activities was poor. The small town had a grocery store, but that was about it. Unless you cook all your meals or drive a distance, you couldn't find anything to eat.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank nursetraveler87
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Let me just start off by saying that it wasn't what I was expecting. The owners are very nice and helpful, the lawn and beach was very well maintained, and the cabins were cozy. The location is excellent if you come to fish, hike or mountain bike as everything is within a 20 minute drive.
However, we had to cut our trip short because the highway noise with tractor trailers driving 60mph down the hill with a jake brake kept up awake all night. The highway literally divides the cabins from the waterfront, something I never noticed on their website or brochure. And, there was a morning train that rides through right in back of the cabins. A highway in the front and a train in the back means we were incredibly sleep deprived on our vacation. To make matters worse for us, the cabin we stayed in wasn't level. If you put a ball down anywhere it would immediately roll to the opposite side of the cabin. This made taking showers, or using the bathroom a little awkward as we were always leaning. There were piles of bugs inside the windows, and more spiders than I could count. Maybe this is normal for a rustic cabin, but I think next time I will check into a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank SierraRose
Reviewed June 18, 2010

I visited Crystal Lake as a young child with my family. As an adult, I began vacationing at Lakeview Cabins annually with extended family, and this year marks our 31st consecutive year of family vacations at Lakeview Cabins. Does that tell you something? All you need to bring along are towels - everything else is furnished. Great and refreshing swimming and sunbathing for the hearty, fishing, hiking, boating, bird-watching during the day. Campfires, incredible sky-watching, and loons calling at night. There's always a group of interesting and friendly visitors, and of course, the proprietors are welcoming and friendly. The highway in between the beach/lawn and the cabins is flat, and you can see at least 1/4 mile down the road either way, so crossing the highway is no problem. In fact, all of our children, nieces and nephews learned to cross the street while at Lakeview Cabins. Downtown has a few little shops and a great grocery store, and there are plenty of places within driving distance to satisfy almost anyone. This is a great place for families to come together, enjoy each other's company and create some fantasic memories. I know we have, and we continue to create new memories.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Lake View Cabins? Share your experiences!