“Sleazy, overpriced, yucky place!”

Hollow Inn and Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Barre B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This place was disgusting! Old, used, stained furniture and smelly. It was extremely overpriced! I made the reservation online and when I got there, the owner(?) told me the rate was 20 dollars more than what my confirmation price was. He asked me to prove the rate by showing him a print out of my confirmation. Luckily, I was able to print this confirmation off my computer. He then told me that our well behaved 15 year old yorkie would be 20 dollars per night!. This information was given to us as we were checking out. So, he got the price he had originally wanted to overcharge me. Very crooked operation. DO NOT USE THIS MOTEL!!!! SLEAZY!!!! There are other reasonably priced establishments in town of better quality. I am telling all my familyand friends to avoid this motel/inn!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 14, 2011

Ok like some of the other reviewers we stayed here on a vacation road trip where we just had to get a place for the night. We didnt know the area, it was getting late and it was the first place we found after being turned down at a major chain.
Here are some examples of our experience:
-Required a room change almost immediately because the tv was broken-just audio and a flatline for the picture-no staff knows this?
-Toilet was not working properly, leaked out the back and required another visit to the office
-Refridgerator is hard wired and makes alot of noise at night clunking on and off keeping my wife awake.
-Bug bait under the beds
-Holes in blankets which had seen better days
-Neither room smelled fresh first room was worse than second
-Pool maintenance was a joke water was greenish and the pool needed vacumning.
-Spoiled orange juice served at the continental breakfast
-Questionable characters loitering
Pretty much stay at your own risk here

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank beekeeper1975
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I found my stay at the hollow inn to be very pleasant. the room was very well kept with a comfortable queen bed excellent wifi connection to my laptop anywhere on the property.
staff was very friendly and accomodating , they were very good hosts and do their best to make their guests feel at home. I found the Hollow Inn a great gem hidden in rural gorgeous Vermont my stay at the Hollow Inn has been very relaxing & a great vacation.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank frankie3779
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I cannot even begin to describe how nasty this place is. It's dirty, smelly, and just gross. Sleeping in the car would have been a better option. We slept in full clothes just to feel like we were protecting ourselves. Debated if showering in the morning was the cleaner option. Not worth a dime of your money.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2011

With a reservation in place we checked into the Hollow Motel. I was less than impressed. The rooms were small, the breakfast barely adequate with stale donuts, bathroom needed extra care and the curtain kept falling down. Owners were nice though. Will look for something more suitable next time in Town.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I traveled with my best friend and her 3 children to The Hollow Inn and Motel. We arrived around 9:30 pm and were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and with the value that we paid. We had hoped to spend a second night, but it did not work out that way.

Two queen size beds, a flat screen TV, a desk, a chair and table to sit at, a kitchenette area and a huge bathroom. There was a complimentary breakfast which was great and consisted of waffles, cereal, muffins, english muffins, bagels and juice.

We would highly recommend staying here. The gentleman at the front desk was amazing as well!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kasey2180
Reviewed January 30, 2011

When my plans fell through, I had to stay the night in Barre. At midnight, I could not find any hotel or motel with staff to help me check in. I came across The Hollow, which had a sign out front that late check-ins should call using the phone out front. I did this, and the manager, I.J., was kind enough to get out of his bed and get me checked in. When my key didn't work to unlock the room I'd been assigned, I called him again and dragged him out of bed again. He did not complain at all, and gave me a new room immediately.

The room was extremely clean and comfortable. It was a very relaxed environment, perfect for what I required. The free breakfast included fresh waffles, cereal, muffins, fresh fruit, etc, far beyond what a "normal" hotel breakfast consists of. To top it off, I found out that I.J. does everything. He is manager, house-keeper, chef, receptionist, and advertiser (in addition to being a father of several kids). And he never refuses a guest, no matter what the hour.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Be kind, and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Wolfal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barre
Quality Inn Barre/Montpelier
#1 of 3 in Barre
High Hill Inn
High Hill Inn
#1 of 4 in Montpelier

Been to Hollow Inn and Motel? Share your experiences!