All reviewsfire stationrestaurant closesfirst floorthe ownerliving roomstayed one nightwould definitely stay here againcomfortable bedvalerielockersswitchboardwarehousememorabiliaquirkyupstairsfirefightershistory
Reviewed October 14, 2014

This building has been renovated so beautifully! The beds are comfy, wifi, TV was big enough and the decor was great ...and to top it all off, it was spotless! The top floor that contains all the rooms has a wonderful lounge if you want to sit outside of your room, but I don't know why you would want to.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed September 30, 2014

Everthing at this Inn is functional including the parking which is next to a Section 8 apartment complex for elderly and handicapped individuals. No problem. There is a short distance from the Inn to the main part of town which we ventured into. It's a cute one night town.
My observations on the Inn from someone who has stayed at many B&Bs, is that although I can tell there was a lot of money put into turning this property into a lodging, it misses the mark on decor bigtime. It is still September, and the decoration that greets you at the door is a cackling witch... well, okay. People like Halloween. But I felt like we stepped into a Victorian funhouse. It was over the top. The basic kitschy decorations were fine. But the Halloween decor drove us down the street to eat at a restored Bank on the corner.
The firehouse feel and memorabilia is wonderful. As I lay here on the bed I can say that it is comfortable. Our room looks out onto the back parking lot and there are no blinds. You have to take the cords off the tiebacks to shut out the "view" and/or the mornjng light. Chintzy curtains and bathroom circa Walmart 2005.
The space itself was wonderful. A+ for the stained glass above the doors... beautiful! Love the Nostalgia appliances in the kitchenette. So much going for this property. Great split AC and good functional ceiling fan in our room. Nifty little sitting common area for guests upstairs- even with all the custom touches, it unfortunately came across as cheapish to me. I booked it. My husband was not impressed.
I would advise the owner to invest in better window coverings and shower glass instead of 2 bit curtains. Sorry. Mount a larger Vizio on the wall where the wine barrel is, and move the tiny TV to the kitchen desk area. Floor, baseboards, basics are great. The property is too much of a gem for Victorian kitsch approaching the Velvet Elvis stereotype. It wouldn't take much to raise this property to a Klimpton kevel boutique experience. As it is, it is a one nighter.

Room Tip: I'd imagine all the rooms are similar. Ask for a room near the street if you don't want to look out on the back parking lot- but that is okay too.
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank anthropomom
Reviewed September 30, 2014 via mobile

We drove right past the place at first thought it was a active fire house. Then we saw the restaurant sign. I am truly glad we stop in.
The place is awesome the owner bought from the town when the built the new fire house.
The soup was out standing especially on a cold fall day. The chicken noodle soup hit the spot.
The roast beef sandwich I had was perfect the roast beef was medium rare just the way I like it.
After lunch the owner stop by the table to ask how we enjoyed the food.
That when the fun started she told us the history of the fire house and restaurants.
We were treated to a private tour of the place.
According to the owner the fire house is haunted by firefighters that have served there and pass away.
Worth the stop !!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Junior148
Reviewed September 10, 2014

Wonderful inn. Very interesting antiques and atmosphere. Rooms are very comfortable and inviting. The owner has done a marvelous job in restoring this property. Would stay here again and would recommend it very highly to friends and relatives. Within walking distance of town. Kitchen is very cool with retro appliances.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Illona G
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Wonderfully modern yet historic. Even has a restaurant and bar downstairs - but closed on Monday. Stayed on a client recommendation. Would stay again. Cool rooms with old charm, newly remodeled. Even have your own key to the place.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends