“Good food but slow service”

Quarry Grill and Tavern
Ranked #13 of 40 Restaurants in Barre
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 26, 2013

A few days ago I ate a late lunch at Quarry Grill in Barre. Burgers are excellent, hand packed and not from frozen but it took 2 hrs for us to get our food and eat--way too slow for children and a place with almost no customers at that time. Can't imagine what they were doing as burgers, quesadillas, mac & cheese and clams shouldn't take so long. Also one meal was not prepared as ordered and had to be redone. Maybe chef was out on lunch when we arrived!

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We ordered mussels for an appetizer. They were great. Good bread as well. We also ordered a burger with salad instead of fries. It was ver good. Our other entree was grilled salmon - it was great. All the waitstaff seems to be quit young. Our waitress was very nice but the service was slow even though they were not busy. I would go again but will expect to have it take awhile.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stopped in for a burger & it was huge! Cooked to order & served on a huge roll! Fries were tasty & atmosphere was a lot of fun. Burger & fries were about $10ish. Great place to grab a quick bite, would come back if in the area!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I recently gave the Quarry another try after a break. This was a huge mistake. The staff was completely disorganized and left me wondering if this was a vocational training center for food service. The food was slow, the courses were not timed well. I got me soup and salad after my entree and the waitress didn't notice. To top of the entire experience the Owner of the restaurant showed up as we were getting ready to leave and I am at a loss for words as to how arrogant, rude and unaccommodating he was that day. My husband tried to explain that we wanted to see the restaurant do well as we are both in support of the come back that Barre is trying to make. However with an owner like this the place is bound to fail. I suppose that the staff is all young because no server or bartender worth their salt would have time for this guy and his poorly run establishment. When in Barre do not fall into the Quarry.

2  Thank LilyWestwood_1
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were driving through Barre and figured we would see a good place to stop for lunch. This place looked promising, right on the main road, and it was very close to a parking lot, so we took a chance. The food was very good, the waitress friendly, and the prices also good. It was not busy, but looks as though it gets that way from time to time, as there are lots of tv screens around and many tables and booths. We can recommend the excellent BLT sandwiches.