“Quarry Down”

Cuisines: American
Montpelier, Vermont
“Quarry Down”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I recently gave the Quarry another try after a break. This was a huge mistake. The staff was completely disorganized and left me wondering if this was a vocational training center for food service. The food was slow, the courses were not timed well. I got me soup and salad after my entree and the waitress didn't notice. To top of the entire experience the Owner of the restaurant showed up as we were getting ready to leave and I am at a loss for words as to how arrogant, rude and unaccommodating he was that day. My husband tried to explain that we wanted to see the restaurant do well as we are both in support of the come back that Barre is trying to make. However with an owner like this the place is bound to fail. I suppose that the staff is all young because no server or bartender worth their salt would have time for this guy and his poorly run establishment. When in Barre do not fall into the Quarry.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank LilyWestwood_1

Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“A good choice”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were driving through Barre and figured we would see a good place to stop for lunch. This place looked promising, right on the main road, and it was very close to a parking lot, so we took a chance. The food was very good, the waitress friendly, and the prices also good. It was not busy, but looks as though it gets that way from time to time, as there are lots of tv screens around and many tables and booths. We can recommend the excellent BLT sandwiches.

• Visited September 2013
Vermont
“Good solid food..friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Have been several times and food is especially good since chef changed several months back. Great for classic American food. Great beer and friendly service. Outdoor seating in warmer weather. My favorite place to eat in Barre!

• Visited October 2013
“Awesome food, comfortable atmosphere”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Went to the quarry on a Sunday evening with my wife and son. Greeted immediately, very friendly wait staff. The menu has some nice choices but I didn't have much to think about when I saw "Pulled Pork Sandwich" on the menu. My wife got chicken fingers and they substituted mashed potatoes without an up charge or complaint. They were happy to accept our request and my son got a grilled cheese. We were VERY happy with the food. It was delicious. The pulled pork was juicy and smoky and they even have a couple slices of bacon and some vermont cheddar on it which accented it nicely and surprisingly didn't overpower the shredded pork. My wife loved her meal and my sons sandwich was gigantic for I think it was $4.75 or something. Great prices too. I highly recommend this place. They have a variety of flat screens all over playing sports, news and the like. Nice clean decor and they offer outside seating if you'd like also.

• Visited August 2013
Barre, Vermont, United States
“monthly night out place”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

good food good value good service convenient location with easy parking local ales on tap nitely specials

Visited October 2012