Maplecroft Bed And Breakfast
Good 3.5/5
Hilltop Inn(Montpelier)
Capitol Plaza(Montpelier)
Very Good 4/5
Rustic Restaurant and Motel(Northfield Falls)
Very Good 4/5
    Excellent 5/5
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsmackie roomtower roomb bother guestsnew englandcentral vermontstayed nightsbreakfast was excellentwrap around porchfruit saladdog barneyfrittatawalking distanceenjoyed our stayan excellent choicestayed longerliving room
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed 3 nights in this old Victorian B&B in Barre, VT. The interior is filled with antique furniture. Brass rail beds are fitted with modern, comfortable mattresses and a/c is installed in every room. Even though guests take a step back in time, the place is airy and spotless. Some common areas could use some attention (repairs) but none of them detract from the comfort. The hosts are very friendly and helpful. They offered excellent recommendations for places to eat and for day trip activities. Breakfasts are delicious. Outstanding value.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank MrG153
    Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I had an excellent experience at this bed and breakfast in Vermont. My whole family stayed here for a weekend and they all report the same level of satisfaction. First, the rooms are cozy, well-outfitted, and extremely clean. The downstairs is made to feel like your ideal living room and we spent every morning sitting with fresh coffee and catching up. Of course, no review of Maplecroft would be complete without mentioning the delicious, included breakfast. They cook a gourmet breakfast each morning. You sit at a dining room table that is complete with placemats and cloth napkins. I cannot say enough about my excellent stay here.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet and well-appointed. As a couple, we were very cozy and cool in the Tower Room.
    • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
    Reviewed July 1, 2014

Trip Advisor keeps prompting me to write reviews, so here's one that's a couple years late but great. This historic Inn is a short distance from Montpelier. I think it's one freeway exit beyond. Yes, we stayed here in Fall of 2012 but it was a wonderful experience. Our room was at the front of the Inn and our bathroom was across the hall which was less of a big deal than we expected. I have to tell you that, 2 years later, I still remember the breakfasts that were made by Dan's partner who's name escapes me at the moment. But, his partner was born and raised in Japan but cooks New England breakfast better than a lot of New England Mothers could do. Awesome food! Walking distance from the Inn are some restaurants in Barre which are nothing fancy. You can make the 5 minute drive to Montpelier for a broader selection of restaurants and activities. We made this our base while spending about 4 nights in Vermont and had a great time. Thumb's up!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
    Yasunari I, Owner at Maplecroft Bed And Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We decided to try to respond to more reviews and express appreciation. Dan's partner who prepared your breakfast is Yasunari and he is still striving to serve our guests with healthy, well-balanced home-made meals with local ingredients. Barre downtown is going through very positive transformation and we hope you will come visit again in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Unfortunately my wife’s and my experience with the Maplecroft B&B had a few challenges and in our experience with other B&Bs that we have experienced, we cannot issue a review above average. Part of the challenges may have been since we stayed in June which had us needing to keep the window open since it was rather warm in our room and the AC unit was terribly loud. The fan was also a bit loud which kept us up. Our room faced the main street (Washington St.) which had light traffic in the later hours but the traffic built up starting at 05:30 which woke us up. The room also had challenge light intrusion protection. It was only equipped with horizontal blinds that would not close completely allowing light to come in early (around 06:00). Using rankings of 5 as best, room cleanliness was a 3 (cob webs and dust). Comfort a 3 due to noise and light intrusion. Breakfast was a 4, rather good. Inn Keepers were a 3, sorry. Although friendly, they seemed distracted. We had two bags that were a bit heavy. My wife took hers and started up the narrow stairs and the inn keepers didn’t offer to assist her. Infrastructure of Inn has several challenges with water leak stains and ceiling cracking in many locations. Broken window was noticed. Exterior paint very challenged. I also tend to enjoy fresh baked cookies in the afternoon with some additional social time with the Inn Keepers at my B&Bs. The Maplecroft is not a bad B&B but it is also not a 4 star. Giving them the benefit of the doubt due to June, I would rate them a generous 3 star.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank Kaz T
    Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We were en route to Montreal from Boston and stopped at the Maplecroft overnight. Dan and adorable terrier Barney greeted us. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. Breakfast by Dan was delicious. We learned about Barre's very interesting Labor movement history, and as a result, detoured at the Hope cemetery. The granite tombstones were really sculptures, the work of Italian stonecutters, and a unique and beautiful surprise.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple