“Lovely B&B in Barre”

and 1 more site!
Maplecroft Bed And Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Barre B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed two nights at the Maplecroft a few weeks. We stayed in the Tower Room, which fulfilled a childhood dream of staying in the tower of a Victorian house. The bed was probably the most comfy hotel bed I've ever slept in - perfect softness, great linens, and I may have peeked at the pillows to figure out what brand they were. Breakfast is served family-style and it was delicious. Dan and Yasunari are fantastic hosts. Thanks so much!

Room Tip: The Tower Room is on the 2nd floor of the main house and has a queen bed, two desks, and closet. It...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at this fine establishment in Barre Vermont for two days/nights while enjoying the fall color. . The owners were most gracious and provided everything we needed for a wonderful experience. The breakfasts were fabulous. The room was comfortable with luscious fragrant soaps and lotions and luxurious bath towels. Maps were available but the owners were willing to share points of interest and driving directions. I can't wait to repeat the experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We chose this inn for its location as we drove through New Hampshire and Vermont. We discovered that it was one of the best rooms we would find on our ten day road trip. The inn has been restored beautifully. We stayed in the Mary Mackie room. Those pillows on the bed were divine. The bathroom was very spacious and filled with any amenity you would need. We discovered the Vermont oatmeal and lavender soap - ended up buying some to take home. The room was immaculate. At night, from about 7:00 to 9:00, Yasunari played the piano downstairs. In the morning, we joined the other guests for a delightful breakfast in the dining room before heading out again. We were not there long, but I would definitely go back if I had the chance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night on our way to NH. The breakfast in the morning was scrumptious and tea on the front porch afterwards made it a great way to start a rainy day.
Lovely location that lent itself to walking into town for dinner.

Sam Hendricks, author Fantasy Football Tips

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My friend and I were looking for a cozy B&B to stay at for the night while we explored Northern Vermont over the course of two days. Maplecroft was just what we had hoped for. From the moment you check in, Dan is a welcoming host, and Barney the dog is excited to meet you. We stayed in the George Mackie room, and it was perfect, the bed was King and very comfortable after a long day of driving, and we found out our bathroom had once been the walk-in closet! I couldn't tell, it was a perfect fit. You can tell this B&B is maintained with love from its owners. In the morning we were treated to Yasunari's amazing breakfast, lemon riccotta pancakes, roasted veggies, Vermont pork sausage, and fruit salad. Along with delightful conversation with the other guests and warming coffee, this was probably the best breakfast I've had in a while. Maplecroft was a perfect place to call home for the night, and I plan on going back!

Room Tip: Rooms that face the street do have a bit of street noise during the night, but fans and AC are provi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Maplecroft B&B is a lovely Victorian house with sweeping front porch. The owners, Dan and Yasunari, have thought through everything and made it all just right. Included is an excellent breakfast at a shared table (I found most congenial co-guests). The B&B is located a short walk from the main intersection of Barre. The downtown has undergone a vigorous revitalization, and it was a pleasure to shop at thriving local businesses.

Barrie is Granite City, and granite sculptures adorn the handsome buildings and parks. Within driving distance is the Granite Museum and Rock of Ages Visitors Center, with fascinating tours of the working quarry from the latter.

Room Tip: Rooms all seem very good - I wanted to try the turret room, but it was taken.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Being from Barre originally, I was pleasantly surprise on the location and the beauty of this home. I have found my place to stay when i return to Barre to visit family. There is a lot of history for me in this location, as i went to high school next door and i was born across the street! I had past this house may times going to school, never thought i being sleeping there. Very happy that it has happen!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barre
Quality Inn Barre/Montpelier
#4 of 4 in Montpelier
Twin City Motel
Twin City Motel
#1 of 3 in Barre

Been to Maplecroft Bed And Breakfast? Share your experiences!