“Dinner out in Barre Vermont”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ladder 1

Ladder 1
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Barre
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Beautiful setting in the town's old fire house it also includes a museum
Mississauga
“Dinner out in Barre Vermont”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

In early January 2013 I visited friends in Barre Vermont. We had a great dinner at the Ladder 1 Grill, in Barre. This was the first week in January, but most of the Christmas & holiday decorations were still up in the restaurant - it was beautiful! Very cozy looking and all the lights and decorations made the restaurant sparkle. The waitress was very attentive - she placed us at a table near an exit door but assured us it wouldn't be used. When it was used a couple of times, she made sure no other employees used the door while we were there. She was very helpful with the menu and offered advice on good choices. I had the hamburger and it was cooked just as I asked - it was very good. The rest of the group all enjoyed their dishes, and the steak and roast beef special looked especially good. The cost was very reasonable, and there were no surprises when the bill arrived. A very enjoyable meal - I recommend this restaurant for a casual night out.

• Visited January 2013

Barre, Vermont
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Good food, great atmosphere, very nostalgic. Love the tributes to current and fallen Fire Fighters. Only downfall is they need more parking, and more outdoor seating.

Visited December 2012
Barre, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My two year old could cook better.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Seriously?! So mad I just wasted 20$ on the worlds smallest calzone and 2 fist fulls of pasta with a thin piece of garlic bread. The bread on the calzone was bland and gross. The cheese was good, but they were skimpy on the marinara.
Now, the garlic bread with the pasta wasn't even edible. Thin, and disgusting. I actually couldn't finish two bites or the one in my mouth. The pasta (alfrado) sucked too. Just gross gross food I can't even eat. Domino's would have been better. I WANT A REFUND.
I am from massachusetts, not vermont, so I know disgusting food when I have it. People in Vt seem to have no taste buds, especially anyone that likes this place.
The one star is for the good decorations. Maybe jail food is compariable.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank kadie s
Duxbury, Vermont
“Comfort Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great place to satisfy my hunger, to have a business meeting, or to eat before a performance at the Barre Opera House. Great atmosphere and friendly service.

Visited November 2012
Manchester
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This seems like a very popular local restaurant. It is quite large with an equally long menu. I sat at the bar where your knees do, in fact., hit before your elbows. However, it is a comfortable place to sit. The food was good and the wines by the glass adequate. Pricing was reasonable and service prompt and friendly.