“My two year old could cook better.”
Review of Ladder 1

Ladder 1
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Barre
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Beautiful setting in the town's old fire house it also includes a museum
Barre, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My two year old could cook better.”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Seriously?! So mad I just wasted 20$ on the worlds smallest calzone and 2 fist fulls of pasta with a thin piece of garlic bread. The bread on the calzone was bland and gross. The cheese was good, but they were skimpy on the marinara.
Now, the garlic bread with the pasta wasn't even edible. Thin, and disgusting. I actually couldn't finish two bites or the one in my mouth. The pasta (alfrado) sucked too. Just gross gross food I can't even eat. Domino's would have been better. I WANT A REFUND.
I am from massachusetts, not vermont, so I know disgusting food when I have it. People in Vt seem to have no taste buds, especially anyone that likes this place.
The one star is for the good decorations. Maybe jail food is compariable.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank kadie s

Duxbury, Vermont
“Comfort Food”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great place to satisfy my hunger, to have a business meeting, or to eat before a performance at the Barre Opera House. Great atmosphere and friendly service.

Visited November 2012
Manchester
“Good”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This seems like a very popular local restaurant. It is quite large with an equally long menu. I sat at the bar where your knees do, in fact., hit before your elbows. However, it is a comfortable place to sit. The food was good and the wines by the glass adequate. Pricing was reasonable and service prompt and friendly.

Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great location average food”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Had dinner at Ladder 1 and the building and it's history is interesting. The restaurant is a bit hit and miss. We ordered a starter to share, it never arrived. Our mains were shoved in front of us and the waitress rushed off before we had a chance to ask about starters. The food is ok, but mostly looks like it came out of the freezer department of the local supermarket, my haddock and apple crumble especially.

It was Friday night and we generally got the feeling they wanted us in, take our money and get us out so they could fleece the next punter. We'd just finished our main when we were asked if we wanted the bill, we had to ask for dessert. We'd barely finished dessert and the bill was on the table. We had two beers and they were missed from our bill, didn't realise until outside, so the sloppy, rushed service can work in your favour.

Wouldn't rush back.

1 Thank JohnBeds
Mystic, Connecticut
“Excellent atmosphere....great live music and friendly wait staff!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was a very different experience....very eclectic...good food...decent prices and nice live music. The huge drawback...Parking....there isn't any....

Been to Ladder 1? Share your experiences!