“Loved it!”
Review of Rock of Ages

Rock of Ages
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Barre
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's largest quarry.
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Very informative! Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

tour guide was informative with the history of the quarry

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We were looking for inexpensive ways to spend some time in Stowe. This is a short drive and an inexpensive way to see and amazing quarry. Don't miss out on going to Hope cemetary top see at the amazing granite tomb stones, including a soccer ball, airplane and nascar.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

My mother had to attend a business trip in vt, and since my husband and I no longer live close to home my dad traveled with her so I could spend some time with him. I met them there and was in charge of "entertaining" my dad while my mom worked.

We thought we would stop here on our way to something else. He is not easily entertained but LOVED our day here. You can do this quickly or like us and make an afternoon out of it. It was a wonderful experience! We are able to ask questions and see the workers and tour the plant where they sandblast headstones. We were even able to sandblast a tile to take home for my mom.

We loved it! They have a beautiful gift shop and a patio area with a glorified hot dog stand to buy lunch. Everything was great!

I will never forget this special time with my dad!

Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stopped here first in our day trip into Vermont while vacationing in the White Mountains. This tour was very informative and interesting. Our kids enjoyed sandblasting stone as a souvenir (additional cost but worth it). I would recommend going on the guided tour as well as going into the factory. My kids are 8 and 10 and they enjoyed it!