“Incredible Food! -- Tavern or Dining Room”

Barnard Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Barnard
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
vtlocalWoodstock, VT
“Incredible Food! -- Tavern or Dining Room”
Reviewed April 4, 2008

Just had a meal at there at the Tavern, 04/02/2008. W-O-W! Everything was great. The German Chocolate Cake we had for desert was a knock-out. This place never disappoints. Next time i go, I'll take pictures to post.

brooklyn, NY
“The best onion rings EVER!”
Reviewed February 23, 2008

As a health food foodie, the food at Max's Tavern was fresh and delicious. Nothing like local greens right out of the backyard! And, I couldn't believe those onion rings, they were amazing, enough to make me take the trip up to Vermont again.

2 Thank sisterpea
Los Anglels
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Restaurant on the East Coast!”
Reviewed February 23, 2008

I live in Los Angeles, and whenever I'm on the east coast (three to four times a year), I try to make my way up to the Barnard Inn, in Vermont. It's worth it!

The staff is my standard for warmth, hospitality, and efficiency. When I go in there, as infrequent as it may be, I feel like I'm surrounded by old friends.

The atmosphere is always excellent. If I just want a casual dinner at the end of a day of fishing, I can go to the Tavern for some drinks and a great meal. But if it's a special occasion, the dining room is the perfect environment for celebrating.

The prices are absolutely reasonable. I'm used to paying three times as much for worse food here in Los Angeles!

The food - it's worth a trip across the country. I get cravings for the Barnard Inn tomato bisque while I'm in LA, that send me on a quest for a comparable bisque out here. I always end up disappointed. Same thing happens with their Schnitzel... well, pretty much everything on their menu. Every time I eat something there, it's memorable, and the experience is consistently the highlight of my trip!

1 Thank EsquimauxDriver
New York City
“Excellent Food!!!!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2008

If you're looking for great food in a relaxed atmosphere then head over to the Barnard Inn.

The menu is always excellent and the staff are friendly and welcoming.

I cannot recommend the Barnard Inn enough. A little slice of heaven in rural Vermont.

Brewster
“Barnard Inn, well worth the visit”
Reviewed February 22, 2008

One thing I like about visiting my friends who live in Barnard is having a meal at the Barnard Inn. The food is consistently delicious and the staff is friendly. In the winter, it 's cozy (ask for a table near the fireplace). And in the spring, I recommend strolling around the grounds to enjoy the beautiful flowers.