“Don't overlook this gem”

Boba World Shanghai Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Woods Cross
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Boba doesn't look like much from the outside, but the inside is inviting and casual. From your table you can watch the cook with his giant woks prepare your food, and what good food it is. Although I haven't been to Shanghai, I do remember coming back from Beijing and being so disappointed in the sameness of all American Chinese food. Boba satisfied my desire for something uniquely Chinese and delicious.

I had the shrimp and tofu, a big bowl of mostly tofu and some shrimp in a spicy sauce. My husband raved about the deliciousness of the Kung Po and son was more than satisfied with the Mongolian Beef. We also ordered the steamed dumplings, melt in your mouth wonderful, and definitely worth the little extra. The pickles came gratis and were a real treat, fresh cucumbers bathed in vinegar and spices. Yum!

The menu has so many things I want to try, I can't wait until I forget to plan for dinner again! We will be back.

2  Thank diinslc

Reviewed April 8, 2013

After a long day and we were too tired to cook we called Boba World for takeout. It was and has been consistently fabulous. It is one of the tope three Chinese restaurants in Davis County. No one competes with the Mandarin but this place is a close second. Not to be missed are the juicy Shanghai dumplings. Their walnut shrimp is less sweet and overpowering than say the Trang. The grandsons loved their potstickers too. Beware, this is not traditional American/Chinese cuisine but is done in the style of Shanghai cooking, which is a little different but very very good. Their Boba teas are incredible and merit trying a different one each trip in. Service is prompt, the food fresh and the recipes are exquisite.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

One of the best Chinese places I've been to.

It brought back memories from my visit to Taiwan where I had milk tea with frog eggs (tapiacoa). It was awesome!

My meal was cooked to order and the owners were very friendly and made sure I had a pleasant dining experience.

I had the General Tso's chicken and it was to die for!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

As another reviewer indicated, this is true Shanghai cuisine. The menu had a large variety of dishes. The service was outstanding - OK, we were the only ones in there (late Sunday evening), but it was still nice to be the center of attention. We had several dishes, and everyone was pleased with their selection. The owner is very attentive and provided helpful information about each of the dishes. The steamed dumplings are well worth the wait.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Several people whom I trust recommended this establishment. We were not disappointed. A caution to those who are expecting traditional flavors as these are different. The only other Shanghai that I have enjoyed is about 770 miles westward in the East Bay. It is tougher now because there is another Chinese I like a lot for lunch in NSL, the Ho Ho.