“Not what Comfort usually means”

Comfort Inn & Suites North
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Woods Cross
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We booked out room on line, not aware we used a discount site. Perhaps this why our room was small, and right behind the from desk and next to the pool that was open 24 hrs. Nice if you are a kid or like to party, not if you just want to use your room for sleeping. The bathroom was dirty, chipped tile and moldy grout. Not what I would expect from a Comfort Inn. The breakfast eggs & sausage was cold, despite it being 7:00 in the morning. Staff was friendly. But perhaps because of the low rate we were given on the discount site, we were not offered another room. I am sad to say this is was not a good experience, and we will not be returning.

Room Tip: I guess dont book on a discount site, as you will be given a crumby room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed here as a family and had a wonderful experience! The motel location very good, it was near Hi-way interstate 15. The lobby and entrance area are nicely decorated, the staff was always friendly and looked nice, and the breakfast was great!I would definitely stay here again. The wifi was fast as well and my iPad and iPhone downloading ver fast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gopal C
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great check-in and staff -- especially Eva. She was so helpful in directing us for dinners and what to do in Salt Lake City.
The room was spacious, bed comfortable, clean and great wi-fi.
The best was the quiet......no noise and that was just sweet.
I loved being near the exit door for easy access to our car.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CJHardy81
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Ripped off $200 pet cleaning charge after I was told they weren't charging it because I initialed the smoking in a non smoking clause without reading it they added pet cleaning fee.No signage about not being a pet friendly hotel and not once was there any attempt at "deceiving" anyone about having a pet to include walking outside with it and the maids and maintenance people petting it. Stayed in over 35 other comfort inns in the past 45 days after that many stays you get complacent about signing in. DONT read every line... 25 phone calls and messages to the GM not one returned call...NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a very good Comfort Inn & Suites. I was there for 2 days in July right before Pioneer day. It was pretty empty, I checked out on Pioneer day and that morning it was FULL! lol
In any case, it was clean and everyone was friendly. It is a very convienent location, right off the highway. It is also still close to Salt Lake City.

My room was very spacious and again very clean. I liked that my living area and sleeping area had a partition but I could see the tv from both areas. My sheets and towels were very clean, I didnt even see any hair. My room faced the car sales lot but it wasnt too loud. Also, the internet connection was very good. I didnt lose connection at all.

I think the only gripe I have is that the microwave needed to be wiped out. It was not overly dirty or anything, no food in there but you could tell that whom ever used it before me did not cover their food. Other than that no problems.

I did not get a chance to have breakfast there as I was there for work and had breakfast meetings, so I cant say what there breakfast is like.

I went to Temple Square in Salt Lake City and it was not a far drive at all. I do recommend you see Temple Square if you are in the area. It is beautiful. I am not Mormon but I can appreciate beauty.

I ate at a restuarant called, Village Inn. I thought it was this little diner, come to find out its a chain...who know!?!?! lol Anyways, I thought it was pretty good food. I always ate breakfast, no matter what time so...I can say that the breakfast is good.

I also ate at Texas Roadhouse, it was good. We have that in my home town so I was familar.

I also went to Iggy's Sports Grill, it was very nice. The food was good. Its only about 10mins away, maybe 15mins.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank chem_l
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel is a nice place to stay with awesome employees; however, keep in mind that it is very close to a theme park and the hotel is filled with lots of families with little kids. I would recommend if you are counting on the free breakfast to get up EARLY and get there before the families arrive...5 or 6 families fill the breakfast room and will be very busy using the toasters, waffle maker, etc. The employee refilling everything was working as fast as she could, but was also having to work around all the children in the room. If you are just passing through...I recommend you go down the road a few more miles. If you are going to Lagoon you too probably will have kids with you, so it shouldn't matter.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MITraveler_13
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were sufficiently stocked, beds were a bit warn, bathroom needed update but had a great venting fan. Pool was large but a tad dirty. Staff was friendly and helpful. This hotel seemed to be a favorite of nature hippie types (which may explain the cloudy pool).

• Stayed: June 2013
#7 of 11 in Layton
Comfort Inn Downtown
Comfort Inn Downtown
#46 of 75 in Salt Lake City

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites North? Share your experiences!