“DON'T STAY HERE!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Woods Cross
Salina, Kansas
“DON'T STAY HERE!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times to avoid the higher prices of staying downtown while doing business at the University of Utah. Each time I stayed it was creepier than the last...this is a ghost hotel. It is dark, dated, and you will always have to wait for someone to come to the front desk. In fact, I do think I have ever had an occassion not to see a sign at the front desk that says "be back in 5 minutes".

The rooms are old, the wallpaper is stained, the bathrooms are less than nice. The pool area is not clean. I'm certain that there is not one space in this hotel that is actually 'clean'. The managers always have an excuse why something doesn't work and will not address your concerns. If you are a business travel as I am this hotel is off limits. The print doesn't work and the internet will not always work.

Do yourself a favor pay more and stay at a hotel property!!! I will NEVER stay at this hotel again...even if it was for FREE. It is AWFUL!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kamloops
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

A little lacking, old dated rooms. Stain? patch on ceiling. Maybe from a leak? Rooms were advertised to have fridges and microvaves, ours only had microwave. Pool area didn't look the neatest, and the so-called DELUXE breakfast was far from deluxe. Don't think we will be returning.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality

Travelers are raving about these Woods Cross hotels

Cincinnati Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

The staff saved me a huge amount of grief after I committed an amazingly absent-minded act by leaving my vehicle door open (I mean wide open) from evening until 3am. We arrived at the hotel with two tired children and we were so focused on getting them into the room to bed down, that we did not notice our door was left open (laptop and nearly all luggage inside the car!). There security system cameras may have saved us on this one, but the hotel desk clerk also walked the grounds at 3am and then notified me, in a nice way, of my act of stupidity. Luckily nothing was taken. Praise the staff and security at this hotel!

Grateful - Mike

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2009

The hotel was definitely adequate for our stay in Salt Lake City. We went to a few different ski areas during our stay, and wanted a reasonably-priced location between all of the sites. It is definitely a basic hotel, nothing fancy. But it does have a microwave/fridge in the room, which is a definite plus. There is also a pool, which we did not use, so I can't give an opinion. Our room was clean.

There was a breakfast, which again was adequate if you are not much of a breakfast-eater and just wanted to grab something and go. I do like to eat breakfast, so I was not terribly impressed. There were less options than many other comfort inn & suites I have been to. Basically, you could have toast, bagels, 2 types of cereal, hard-boiled eggs, apples, oranges, or make a waffle. They had a couple types of juice, milk, and coffee. So not bad, but not so great either. We ate the food the first morning, then grabbed fast-food breakfast the next couple days.

The girl at the front desk was nice. I wonder if she lives there -- she was about the only person I ever saw, at all different hours!

All-in-all, I would consider this an adequate hotel if you just need a place to sleep or use as a "home base." It was clean and we had no complaints. However, it is not as nice as other comfort inn & suites, and wouldn't be great if you planned on spending more time at the hotel. The location is nothing great, but there are some fast food restaurants and a KMart nearby.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on 11 March 2009 room 120. The best advice I could give you is to bypass this place. It's just plain dirty. Best Western needs to reevaluate this place.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2008

We chose this stop on our cross-country trip because of its proximity to Salt Lake City. We were happy to see our room contained a microwave/fridge as this was important to us and not all rooms had them.

We visited Temple Square and dined at a nearby restaurant. There were many hotels and restaurants in the area.

The room was comfortable for one night.

• Liked — Proximity to Salt Lake City
  • Disliked — Busy, commercial area
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2008

tiny rooms and very noisy. The breakfast room was inadequate
and the waitress overwhelmed. Not a good experience

• Liked — easy access to freeway
  • Disliked — small rooms and noisy
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woods Cross
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City - North
Hampton Inn and Suites Salt Lake City/Farmington
Comfort Inn Salt Lake City / Layton
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City / Farmington / Station Park

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites North? Share your experiences!