“Best Molcajete in SLC”
Review of El Paisa Grill

El Paisa Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Authentic Mexican food and MOLCAJETE Supreme, it is what we specialize in. We are a sit down restaurant that offers live entertainment on weekends and now we have included a Sports Bar & Tequila - Cantina area which offers a large variety of tequila. We are the largest Tequila Bar in the Valley! We have a wonderful family atmosphere, customers of all ages welcome! Founded in 1999, El Paisa Grill was established in 1999 by the Orozco Family from Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico. Our delicious recipes have been passed down from generation to generation, bringing the best Mexican food and entertainment to Utah. We have shared this authentic meals with you ever since the opening, 12 years of business says it all! El Paisa Grill is a fun place to celebrate with family and friends.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Molcajete is incredible. the lunchtime all you can eat taco bar is also outstanding.. Its the mini taco truck style taco's with at least 6-9 different choices of meats.. Full Bar, lost of authentic and different drinks as well. I know Red Iguana is always at the top of every ones list... but when the wait there is 45 minutes, which it usually is.. Drive 7 minutes away and try El Paisa. Very authentic Mexican even the atmosphere makes me think I am in Mexico.

1  Thank Pcully

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is my favorite Mexican restaurant. If you come on Karaoke night, sit in the back. It's super loud but good.
The Molcajete is the house special. You simply must. The horchata is also very good. The menu is huge. The service is always great but the secrets out so you may have a wait at peak times of weekend evenings.

2  Thank Geoutah
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Went with some Hispanic friends for a birthday party. Great atmosphere...kareoke fun. Didn't understand a word said, but the food was good. Don't pass on the molcajete.

1  Thank kingofsling
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I love this restaurant, they have an authentic mexican food eks in SLC, Utah, hard to find. The service is a little bit slow, last time the server even forgot about us and keep apolozing that he had forgotten that we're in his section. But the price is kinda pricey expensive. One appetizer and 2 meals and 2 sodas the bill came back almost $50. I was like..wow.. but you cant denied the taste of the foods. Eventho was pricey but on weekend it was packed!!!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

My gf is Hispanic and is a good judge of authentic Mexican food. She loved it. I also loved the food. I only marked this place down cuz the drinks are ridiculously expensive. I'm from Nevada where they serve real alcohol not watered down and I've never paid this much for drinks. On top of that the particular drink me and my girl had was $7 on the menu. I was charged $10. I didn't catch this until we left. My bad. I also tipped and realized they added a mandatory tip on my ticket. Be aware of that cuz they won't tell you. Great food, a little pricey.