“Best dim sum in Utah”

Red Maple Chinese Cuisine
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Lunch, dinner, dim sum all day from the menu. Sat and Sun 10:00 am to 2:30 pm serving Dim Sum Carts. Authentic Cantoneseand Szechuan style food.
Farmington, UT
“Best dim sum in Utah”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I love this place! About time that Utah had a great dim sum restaurant. Love the owners and staff. Excellent variety and execution.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Paige R

Salt Lake City
“Not your typical Chinese”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Husband and I have eaten here several times now, the varied and innovative menu is rewarded with a faithful clientele. Quality of food excellent, manager gives personal attention to guests. We like Red Maple!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank MJHBlack
Salt Lake City, UT
“Dim Sum!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This restaurant is no longer on Redwood Road, but on 4700 South about 2700 West. Regardless of location, this place has the best Dim Sum in the valley. They have a very large selection of dishes being wheeled around the restaurant in steam cart. If you want something different than what you see in the carts, the staff is quick to get it to you. My family all enjoy eating at Red Maple, even my picky eater. In fact, today's visit was her idea.

The only negative that I have to offer is that some of the staff don't speak English well enough to describe the dish that they are serving, but that's not a big deal as there is always someone near who can translate.

Dim Sum is served on Saturday and Sunday 10a - 230p.

Red Maple serves Dim Sum on Saturday and Sunday from 10a - 230p.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Hogwild752
Utah
“I am so happy that they were able to reopen”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant numerous times. When they had to close and relocate, I was desperate for genuine Chinese food. I am from NY and am willing to bet that I have consumed more Chinese food in my lifetime than any Caucasian Utah native except for perhaps John Huntsman Jr. People who are unfamiliar with authentic Chinese food and who would even think of describing Panda Express as Chinese food, should not go to Red Maple. If you want the real thing at Red Maple, request that Bronson the manager make some menu suggestions for you. Don't be put off by the sound of things you don't understand. Take a chance. You might actually like something new and learn something new. To be perfectly honest I have had some disappointments at Red Maple with some dishes that were less than spectacular. However I continue to believe that it is worth it for me to drive to the west side to get my Chinese food fix. Over the years I have introduced Red Maple to numerous friends and family (former east coasters) all of whom have remarked that they were thrilled to find genuine Chinese food in this valley. There are three menu items that I must order whenever I visit. 1. the fried calamari and shrimp appetizer. 2. the special Chinese green vegetable in garlic sauce. It might be Chinese,broccoli, pea shoots, choy sum cabbage-whatever. I just ask the server to bring it. 3. steamed sea bass with ginger and green onions. It's a bit pricey, but worth it if you like fish. Granted service can be spotty at times and frustrating when the server does not speak perfect English as does everyone in Utah (not really). When something like that occurs, I suggest that you politely ask to speak to the manager, and everything will be taken care of to your liking. This not a super standardized fast food type establishment. It is for real people who enjoy eating authentic Chinese food. Perhaps the number of Chinese families that I see eating here whenever I am presents a tiny clue that this restaurant is for people who appreciate the real deal.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TravelHoundUtah
Port Leyden
“Fun graduation party”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I liked sharing the main dishes on the giant lazy susan. We were a party of 10 and everyone had plenty. Food was very tasty, service was attentive without being annoying. The walnut shrimp was a favorite of the whole table.

Visited June 2013