Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in West Valley City
Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I LOVE this hotel! Every chance I get to stay here I jump at it. I used to live in Salt Lake City and would go once a month. Since moving to Orlando, I haven't been back in the salt lake area in over two years. My wife and I had been planning a surprise for family for four months and this hotel was on our list to stay from day one. When I checked in the manager at the hotel was the one to check me in. Honestly, I have forgotten her name, but she was a god-send. I had booked the waterpark room, which included 7 free wristbands. I had no idea my whole family of 15 would be coming with us to swim. She was wonderful in securing the extra wristbands at NO CHARGE! On top of that, she offered me a soda and two candy bars! Unbelievable service! I book for a large booking company and am the group sales manager. After this stay, I will HIGHLY recommend stays at this hotel. The rooms were extreamly comfortable and big! Only negative, and not in my mind, but wife loves to take a bath, and room only had walk in shower, no biggie, but if you are in need of a bathtub, make sure you ask. Breakfast was excelllent! Pancakes, French Toast, Biscuits and Gravy, omelettes, among alot of other food! Anyways, Thanks to the manager once again for making a great family reunion even greater!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Leah B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Adam S - It was wonderful to hear from you again and I'm so pleased to hear that your family reunion was a success. You and your family were a pleasure to have stay with us and I'm so glad you all enjoyed your time with us. I hope that you will choose us again next time you are the Salt Lake area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Coldwater, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here June 9, last minute change in plans, decided to stop for the night earlier than planned. They had a queen suite for us (Thanks Leah!!), large, clean room, with a fridge, microwave and wet bar area. Very nice room. Kids were tired and cranky until they found out about the water park. They loved it! I liked that it had a shallow area with a water slide for my 4 yr old, and you had to have a room key to access it. Kids played there until after 9pm and then bathed and passed out! Great way to release their energy after being cooped up in a car for 8+ hours! Breakfast was good, with a great selection! Dining area was large and clean. Hotel was clean and quiet, Front desk was very helpful. Will definately stay here again if we are back in the area!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much browneyedgirl077 for the great review of our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to adjust your reservation and get you into a suite to better accomodate your family. I'm happy to hear that you had some family fun time in our pool and that your children had a great time. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again.
Brigham City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel has excellent customer service, delicious breakfast and very clean rooms. The water park is great if you bring your children or grandchildren and has a indoor pool and water slide so you are able to stay anytime of the year. Great place to take your children or grandchildren for their birthday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Leah B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you Sandra H for the great review of our hotel. We love to hear from all our guests and especially love knowing that our guests have had a great experience here with us. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again next time you are in Salt Lake City.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I must say this has been one of the best hotels I have stayed at. Shuttle service to and from the airport was a huge plus for me and my husband. The shuttle drivers were very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff were outstanding quick check in and very helpful. Especially James he is one of the best employees there. Housekeeping was great too every time we saw them they were always smiling. Rooms were super clean. Breakfast was great and the lady manning the breakfast area was awesome. She made us feel very welcomed and at home. Our entire stay was great and will 100% be back every time we are in Salt Lake City/West Valley.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Leah B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments on our staff and hotel. I will pass along your comments to the General Manager. It is so great to hear that our staff is doing great at providing the best service. We look forward to your next stay with us.
American Fork, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Spent 1 night here. I was very happy with how clean and nice the rooms were. Beds were very comfortable. Kids loved the waterpark area. I thought the pools/tub had way too much chlorine. Many people in our group ended up coughing, eyes hurting from chemical in there. But that may have just been a bad day there. Still we had fun. Staff was excellent, accommodating and professional. Breakfast bar was good too. Only other complaint was needing your key card to get in and even out of the pool, and the stairwells, had several people have to run soaking wet through the parking lot to get back to their room, or stuck in the stairwell with no card. Overall a nice place, very family friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Trinna A
Leah B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Trinna A - Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you experienced a problem in the pool area with the chemical irritation and with the room keys. We do apologize for any inconvenience they may have caused you and your family, but it was great to hear that you did have a fun stay. We hope that you will stay with us again.
Ucon, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The front desk was super friendly and helpful through the whole trip! The beds were nice and soft and the pillows came in firmer and softer! The bathroom was clean. Breakfast was yummy every morning! The whole family enjoyed the pool. Little slides and a shallow pool were perfect! It felt very safe! You had to use your card at every door using the stairs. Would be the place to stay if you were going to something at the Maverik Center!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Leah B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you so much Mandi C for the great review of our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the pool with the childrens shallow play area, the breakfast and our beds. We do our best to have the best service for every guest and to have our guests feel safe when they are staying with us. We hope you will choose to stay with us the next time you are in the Salt Lake City area.
Varese, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Hotel is brand new, the property is shared with a Staybridge Suite (same IHG group), staff was friendly, the price was really interesting. We stayed here during our trip from San Francisco to Yellowstone Park and after driving for almost twelve hours it was refreshing to find a comfortable bed, a clean room and all facilities we needed. The neighborhood is quiet, the pool is very nice. Salt Lake City downtown is easily reached in 20 minutes by car. Highly recommended, cheap, quiet, clean, and complimentary breakfast too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank KaITrAvEL
Leah B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
KaITrAvEL - Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted of our hotel. We are so pleased that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your visit and the amenities of the hotel. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you visit the Salt Lake area.