“Awesome hotel”

Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Valley City
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had concert tickets at the Maverik Center and this hotel is in a perfect location. A few hundred meters to the arena and the TRAX station that will take you right downtown or to the airport. The hotel is extremely clean and well maintained, the staff very friendly, and lots of restaurants nearby. They serve a complimentary breakfast in the morning and have snacks with beer and wine in the evening (Tues-Thurs?). We were a family of five and had the two bedroom suite which was excellent. The property is new and I found all the staff to be extremely helpful, friendly and professional. You wont be disappointed with the hotel or the location.

Room Tip: Two bedroom suite for a large family is perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Coolcanuck67
Ted C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thanks for the awesome review. I will make sure to pass along your kind comments to the staff. We pride ourselves on our friendly down-to-earth service, and reviews like yours bring smiles to our faces. We are very close to the Maverik Center, and many guest like to stay here for concerts like One Direction, Bruno Mars, or Jason Aldean. We appreciate the great review, and we are looking forward to your return trip.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was a bad experience and we will not be staying at any more of the staybridge suites.
1. First, when arriving, the girl at the counter was unfriendly and seemed to be in a bad mood.
2. I asked for a non smoking room, but, when we entered, it smelled of smoke.
3. We wanted to check out a movie to watch that night, but, half of the movies were not actually in their sleeves at the counter. If movies are lost (as they stated), you should remove them from the shelf.
4. Breakfast was said to be from the hours of 7:30am to 10:30am. We came down for breakfast at 9:45am to find that most of the food bins were empty, there was no butter for the toast, English muffins or bagels, and the fruit tasted odd. I feel that if you state that breakfast is until 10:30am, then you need to have it fresh and stocked til 10:30am.
5. We couldn't relax in the dining room with screaming babies and children running/crawling around. This may not directly be the fault of the hotel, but maybe some signs posted would help remedy the problem... "For the courtesy of the other guests, if your children are crying, screaming or running around, please take them outside or back to your room, thank you".
6. The hotel Internet code would not allow us to connect to the Internet.
7. Finally, we recieved our bill and noticed we had been misquoted on the price by 40 dollars.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Neustaedter

I am very sorry we failed to meet your expectations in so many ways. I have addressed all of your points with my staff. We will be focusing on how we can help guests that experience problems like you encountered. It is unacceptable for our guests to be treated like you were. I would love to talk to you more about your stay. Please feel free to contact Ted Capener at ted.capener@Utahhospitality2.com. If you would be willing to give us another chance, I know we can make your stay better next time.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel was very nice and the staff was friendly. The room was quite large and the breakfast was very good. We were attracted to the hotel by the waterpark. The kids and adults had a great time on the slide and in the pool.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the great review. I am glad your family enjoyed the water park. Hearing that the staff was friendly is the best thing a manager can hear. I will make sure to pass along your special kudos to the breakfast staff. Thanks again for taking the time to fill out the review, and we look forward to seeing you in Salt Lake City soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked this hotel for a quick get away with a friend and our 2 children. The draw was the "water park" the big slide for my 11 year old and the little splashy slide for the 4 year old. the staff was very friendly and nice, our room was clean and breakfast was good but that was about all that was good. The hallways were filthy. The breakfast area smelled awful and the big water slide was not in operation. It was a room to sleep in but my daughter would have liked a regular hotel with a regular pool that was not filled with people. There were about 60 people in the pool area they brought towels a couple times and put out like 8 towels. The next morning we stopped by the pool. It was 10am and there were no towels at all. We will not bother with staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

I am really disappointed to hear that you had such a bad experience. It sounds like we really failed to meet your expectations. I apologize for not living up to your expectations. We always want every guest to have a great stay. I will be discussing the condition of the property with my staff, it is unacceptable to not have a clean hotel. We did have a mechanical problem last weekend with our waterslide, and I sure apologize that our slide quit working while you were staying with us, especially since that was the reason you chose our hotel. If you would like to call my Guest Service Manager David Saarinen at (801) 746-8400, we would love a chance to try and get you to come back to our hotel. Thank you for the honest feedback, we always want to get better. Again, sorry for the poor stay.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

New hotel, beautiful roomy suites. Extra friendly staff. Indoor pool with water slide. Beds were comfy, rooms were a nice size. Kitchen was great. Night time cocktail reception was perfect and breakfast was filling. Will be back for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review. We always love to hear feedback, and when it as positive as yours, it is even better. I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff. We are already anticipating your return trip, come back anytime!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My kids loved the water park, I found the washers and dryers very useful, and we all loved the spacious two bed/two bath suite. The bedding was very comfortable! Actually, I am going to email the hotel and ask if there is any way I can purchase the same sheets and waffle weave cotton blanket.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for a great review. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff, we always love to hear positive feedback. Feel free to give us a call at (801) 746-8400, ask for Annette she is our Housekeeping manager and can help you find the linen we use. Please come back anytime!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Large handicap access room with full kitchen, comfortable bed, comfortable fold out sofa sleeper, flat screen TV, full breakfast and friendly staff. Need I say more? This is now our stay place when we travel to WVC to visit our family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
John D, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Thank you so much for the awesome review. We love to hear positive feedback like yours. We have a few ADA accessible rooms, please call us anytime if you need some help to guarantee an ADA room. I will be posting your review in our lunchroom to share your compliments with the entire staff. Thanks again, and we are already looking forward to your next visit.!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Valley City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Valley City - Waterpark
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#9 of 12 in West Valley City
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City / West Valley City
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake...
#2 of 12 in West Valley City
Embassy Suites by Hilton Salt Lake/West Valley City
Embassy Suites by Hilton Salt La...
#1 of 12 in West Valley City
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites West Valley City
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites West ...
#4 of 12 in West Valley City
My Place Hotel-West Valley City
My Place Hotel-West Valley City
#5 of 12 in West Valley City
Little America Hotel
Little America Hotel
#12 of 75 in Salt Lake City

Been to Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City? Share your experiences!