“Good hotel with wonderful staff !”

Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Valley City
Virginia
“Good hotel with wonderful staff !”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were very impressed with the Staybridge Suites in every way. The facilities are excellent. Free courtesy bus. The breakfast buffet was great with a large assortment of items. Location was very good and driving to Salt Lake City every day did not take that long. The staff at this hotel are very friendly and helpful, from John Dwyer, General Manager, to the front desk staff and even our maids were courteous and made sure we had everything we needed. My husband enjoyed the pool and we worked out in the fitness suite. I can't say enough nice things about the courteous staff and service which we experienced.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
John D, Manager at Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Our staff certainly loved your comments! We always en-devour to provide our guests with the best possible experience. We look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here overnight on our way home from Sedona, AZ. After a 10 hour drive, we were greeted by the staff at the registration desk. They were very friendly, welcoming and efficient. The room was a mini suite, with a mini kitchen, sofa area and queen size bed, which was very comfortable. The hotel provides a complimentary dinner M-Th and breakfast M-F. This was a great ammenity so we didn't have to go out again to eat.

Room Tip: This hotel is not within walking distance of restaurants, but well worth staying there because of th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon P
John D, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Glad we could make your long drive a little better. We always try to make sure every guest feels special, whether it is a single night stay or our long term stays. A little clarification on the breakfast. We have a complimentary breakfast buffet every morning, with hot egg and meat dishes, a make your own waffle bar, and fresh cut fruit. Also our mid week Social is every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday with a fresh salad bar and entree. Next time you are passing through town please look us up.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of weeks in August 2012, overall this hotel delivered everything they promised plus more, it was clean & modern, the room was comfortable, clean and well equipped, the staff polite & helpful. However in a good hotel you walk into your room and close the door and it is peaceful, you don't know that there are other guests, that is not the case in this hotel, the walls are thin, you could here people having sex, children screaming, even the people in the next room talking in bed at night. Then their were people who would stand on the sidewalk outside the room talking on the cell phones and you could tell when the maintenance guys were about by the chatter from their radios. This was a good hotel but I think I just had a lousy room, would I stay here again? probably not, would I recommend it to you? yes, because it is still a good hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank passenger94
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear passenger94,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased that you found our rooms comfortable and for noticing the cleanliness of our hotel. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to the noise. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I really love staying at high end hotels, however because of location there were not my usual types available. But I must say how impressed I was with the entire hotel. The room was clean, smelled fresh and was spacious. The free breakfast buffet was surprisingly tasty with ample choices. I wasn't expecting such service for this incredible value. Teaches me to be judgmental!! I will definitely book another stay if I need to be in the Salt Lake City area. The gym was very nice, went twice. It overlooked the pool and had music and a flat screen TV. Good security in the building and nice clientele were added pluses. The staff were attentive and very friendly, you could tell someone trained them properly.A great stay, you wont be sorry.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Staybridge Suites Salt Lake-West Valley City, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for the great comments. We hope you have you back as a guest soon.
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed in the hotel 4 nights, a family of 5 with three small children. Had a 1 bedroom suite with two queens and a full kitchen. The room is very comfortable. Lots of room for all of us.
The hotel has a small free water park that the kids enjoyed greatly. It serves a complimentary breakfast which is fine and a few days a week has a social dinner in the afternoon - once again complimentary.
It has free laudry - washing and drying machines.
It has a little movie hall with american comfort chairs. We picked a movie, booked the room, and had our own private screening.
The staff was very friendly all along our stay.
Easy access to the 215 highway so it's easy to get in to Salt Lake City.
We've stayed in many hotels over the past few weeks. This was definitely the best.

Room Tip: We had room 241 which was very near to the water park and very convenient with the kids.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Micah S
Wow, thank you for all the great comments. We always love when our guests enjoy everything at our hotel, including our waterpark, Sport Court, and Just-Like-Home Theater. We look forward to seeing you again!
Eastlake, Ohio
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I am typically a Hampton Inn kind of guy, but on a recent business trip to Salt Lake, I had to stay at the Staybridge Suites. I was definitely surprised at how nice this hotel was. Checking in was a breeze and the girls at the front desk were friendly and helpful. The room itself (a one bedroom suite) was clean, spacious, and featured a fully stocked kitchen and two flat screen TV's. The bed was comfortable as well, and there were a variety of pillows to choose from. The breakfast bar was also good, featuring bacon, waffles, bagels, and cereal. My lone complaint was that the air conditioning was only able to be turned down to 65. I usually like some background noise while I sleep, so when the a/c unit kicked off, I woke up numerous times. Thankfully, the fan was able to run continuously without the a/c, so I had my background noise for the rest of my stay.

The hotel is located near a large shopping area with numerous dining options (In-N-Out Burger!), Lagoon Amusement Park is about 20 minutes away, and the downtown area is just a short drive. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. It definitely exceeded my expectations and I would stay here again if I am ever in the Salt Lake area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sounds like you had a great stay. Thanks for the great comments, we always appreciate feedback as we are always looking to get better. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Salt Lake City anytime you are in the area.
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have a branch that I have to see from time to time and I get to stay here. Actually my company has several "Direct Bill" hotels in this area and I have stayed at all of them...once, except this one. I have stayed here many times and will always. The service is excellent...they seem to care. I like the breakfast and love the fact that they have dinner on Tues, Wed, and Thurs. I generally done eat there but it is nice to know that if I am too tired to go out and eat I can walk down into the lobby and grab something. Keep up the great job....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HungryTraveler13
Thanks for choosing our hotel, especially when you have so many other options. We appreciate all of our business partners. I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding customer service, the Front Desk clerks will be glad to hear they are doing a great job!