“Traveling with dogs”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in West Valley City
A TripAdvisor Member
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Reviewed October 25, 2012

It is always nice to stay at a La Quinta due to being able to bring dogs and not be charged an additional fee for the dogs. I would like to see La Quinta put out a stand with doggie pooop bags so people would all get the idea to keep the area cleaned up after their dogs. We dont want to lose the best dog hotel in the country.
Breakfast was great with great fruit available. I would like to see a different brand of coffee.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Rock Springs, Wyoming, USA
Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was good for a short stay while I was visiting family and friends. The room was very clean and spacious. I would have loved to give a higher rating except for two things: No towels and noisy A/C.

The bed was awesome with soft comfy pillows, two work areas, flat screen tv, two phones and a sitting chair with ottoman. I also had a refridgerator and microwave. After I checked in the front desk called to ask if the room was ok, which it was at the time. I was so tired from traveling I just plopped down on the bed. Awesome bed!

It wasn't until later that night did I notice the A/C being extremely loud and it woke me up a couple of times. I'm live in Arizona, so I'm used to having fans and A/C on at night so the buzz usually doesn't bother me, but it was extremely noisy.

When I woke up the next day to shower, I noticed there were only two hand towels in the bathroom. No bigger towels. Luckily I'm a little crazy and pack my own body towel, but I rely on the hotel towels to dry my hair. I couldn't even wrap my head as the hand towels were too small. Had I not brought my own towel, I wouldn't have had a body towel to use. I didn't have time for the front desk to bring me one either.

It was a little noisy at night, but that's not the hotel's fault. I could hear the couple across the hall "making whoopie" and the guest above me pacing in the middle of the night. So the noise of the A/C and the other guests, didn't let me get a good night sleep. Because of this, I overslept and didn't get a chance to take advantage of their breakfast.

Oh and if you come back to the hotel after midnight, they lock the door and you can't get in. I had to wait a couple of minutes for the front desk person to notice me so she could let me in. She kind of stood there staring at me until I flashed my room key. I like the security, but kind of odd. Why not have a door where you swipe your room key?

I would stay here again. I usually like to give hotels another chance. The cleanliness and room amenities are good. Just bring your own ear plugs.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor to minimize noise from other guests.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Staff was very friendly, the room was very clean, beds were extremely comfortable, breakfast was delicious with a wide variety of items. Close to freeway, shopping, and dining. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Denver, Colorado, USA
Reviewed August 12, 2012

After a long day of driving our room was perfect, cool, clean and comfortable. There were several dinner choices within walking distance, allowing us to stretch our legs before the next day's drive. The morning's breakfast was excellent even had delicious hot foods!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I recently spent two nights in UT at a higher priced hotel before checking into the La Quinta for the remainder of my UT stay. I must say, hands down the La Quinta room was more luxurious and the layout was much more convenient than the pricier hotel. I would recommend this hotel, it's near restaurants, it has easy freeway access and the rooms are excellent for the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo