This was good for a short stay while I was visiting family and friends. The room was very clean and spacious. I would have loved to give a higher rating except for two things: No towels and noisy A/C.
The bed was awesome with soft comfy pillows, two work areas, flat screen tv, two phones and a sitting chair with ottoman. I also had a refridgerator and microwave. After I checked in the front desk called to ask if the room was ok, which it was at the time. I was so tired from traveling I just plopped down on the bed. Awesome bed!
It wasn't until later that night did I notice the A/C being extremely loud and it woke me up a couple of times. I'm live in Arizona, so I'm used to having fans and A/C on at night so the buzz usually doesn't bother me, but it was extremely noisy.
When I woke up the next day to shower, I noticed there were only two hand towels in the bathroom. No bigger towels. Luckily I'm a little crazy and pack my own body towel, but I rely on the hotel towels to dry my hair. I couldn't even wrap my head as the hand towels were too small. Had I not brought my own towel, I wouldn't have had a body towel to use. I didn't have time for the front desk to bring me one either.
It was a little noisy at night, but that's not the hotel's fault. I could hear the couple across the hall "making whoopie" and the guest above me pacing in the middle of the night. So the noise of the A/C and the other guests, didn't let me get a good night sleep. Because of this, I overslept and didn't get a chance to take advantage of their breakfast.
Oh and if you come back to the hotel after midnight, they lock the door and you can't get in. I had to wait a couple of minutes for the front desk person to notice me so she could let me in. She kind of stood there staring at me until I flashed my room key. I like the security, but kind of odd. Why not have a door where you swipe your room key?
I would stay here again. I usually like to give hotels another chance. The cleanliness and room amenities are good. Just bring your own ear plugs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City West is convenient to the airport and all area attractions. From here, it is an easy drive to Energy Solution Arena (Utah Jazz), Maverik Center(E-Center), Hale Theater, and Rice Stadium. Visit the Brigham Young Monument, Kennicot Copper Mine, and Hogle Zoo. Head downtown to Temple Square and Crossroads Plaza. You will find plenty of golf courses nearby and shopping at Fashion Place and Valley Fair Malls. The La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City West has comfortable and spacious standard rooms and for extended stay, two-room suites, themed spa suites, and executive suites. We have meeting facilities with fax/copy services at the front desk, and for your enjoyment, an indoor heated pool and a fitness center. Our friendly staff sets up our Free Bright Side Breakfast each day. We are near the HWY 215 and 3500 South. Our location is convenient for visitors to Pioneer Valley Hospital, Camp G. Williams (Utah National Guard), and Brigham Young University. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LaQuinta, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City West Hotel West Valley City
- La Quinta West Valley City
- West Valley City La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City West West Valley City, Utah