“Best Night's Sleep”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Valley City
Phoenix
“Best Night's Sleep”
Reviewed November 25, 2008

My friend and I stayed here 11/15/08 while in town for the New Kids On The Block concert (at E Center across the street from the hotel). We were only in town for the concert so we didn't need to rent a car. The hotel has a free airport shuttle which was excellent (you call the hotel when you land at SLC airport and they come pick you up). Check in and check out was seamless at this hotel. It smelled of cinnamon throughout and it was very clean. We stayed in a double bed room and it was very large. The beds and pillows were fabulous. I've stayed at very expensive hotels and their bedding didn't even compare to Crystal Inn! The free buffett breakfast was fine, nothing grand. The employees were always friendly. The only complaint would be the small size of the bathroom. It included the toilet and shower/tub. Not a whole lot of wiggle room. The sinks and vanity are out in the room which is nice so one person can be prepping while one person is showering. Don't except to use the Bath & Body Works shampoo/conditioner as your only means because it comes in teeny tiny bottles. My friend was disappointed with that. Within walking distance is several restaurants. You will not be disappointed staying here!

• Liked — The cleanliness and the bedding!
  • Disliked — Size of the bathroom
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
The NW
Reviewed January 21, 2008

We stayed here in November 2007. I was traveling with one of my children and my parents. We had one room, my parents had the other. The rooms were spacious and had all the amenities you’d expect in a modern hotel. It was not as noisy as we anticipated. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was slightly above average.
My only complaint is about breakfast on the second day of our stay. Apparently there was some sort of meeting in an adjoining conference room and those people were lined up down the hall for the free breakfast. The line was very long and did not move quickly, plus they cleaned out all the food! They literally had their trays overflowing, as they went back to the conference room. Some felt the situation could have been handled differently and better, if the food had been brought into the conference room and they had their own food bar to choose from. Many of us were travelers who needed to get on the road, but we were forced to wait in that long line, only to get up there and find everything was pretty much gone. The staff did work as quickly as possible to refill all the trays, but several guests were disappointed that one special group was allowed to take over the breakfast bar and make everyone else wait.
Aside from that, the staff was very friendly, the room was clean, and everything else went well.

• Liked — It was located close to our event.
  • Disliked — 2nd day breakfast/line too long.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Nevada
Reviewed March 20, 2007

Overall, not bad, but a few minor annoyances during our stay were enough for my husband to consider one of the surrounding properties for our next stay.

On the first morning of our 5-night stay, my key card quit working. Had to walk the perimeter of the property from the back door to the lobby, with my baby and 3 shopping bags in tow. Was told to avoid placing the card next to cell phones or credit cards. Following this advice, we still had to have a card recoded every day of our stay (another time was upon returning from the pool, and had to make the trek in wet swimsuits and towels). One staffer had nothing to say when I told her I was there for my "daily key recoding."

The first two days of our stay, the highchairs at the breakfast were dirty (decided to eat breakfast in our room the remainder of our stay). Also - three people in a room, three towels, but only two washcloths?

TV remote did not work upon arrival. The next morning (during my key recoding), I mentioned this to the front desk. The staffer quickly notified maintenance, who promptly replaced the remote - BUT - upon seeing my son, was quick to blame him for playing with the remote and reprogramming it. He backstepped quickly when I informed him that the only person to touch the remote up to that point was my husband. Oops.

Now, the good points. The room, pool area, fitness center, and guest laundry were very clean. The staff was friendly (except where previously noted). Housekeeping was very accomodating, leaving extra washcloths and coffee (when asked) and agreeing to a later return to accomodate my son's morning nap. Daily local paper delivered to room each morning, with USA Today available free at front desk. Hot breakfast selection (eggs, potatoes, sausage/bacon, and other) switched up daily, although cut fruit appeared less than fresh (except for the last morning), and no microwave. Room with microwave and fridge (cool, but not cold, and no freezer).

Save by reserving with the property directly, as much as $20/night. Website said property was full, but was able to get a room when I called direct.

Stayed March 2007
McDonough, Ga.
Reviewed August 14, 2004

My family and I have stayed at the Crystal Inn West Valley many times when we go to Utah to ski. It is alway very clean and well kept up. The free breakfast they provide is not just a roll and juice but a full, hot breakfast bar. The rooms are large with double queen beds, fridge and microwaves. It is a short 40 minute drive to Alta or Brighton. One more great thing about this hotel is that there are several great places to eat within walking distance.There is a Cracker Barrel right across the street, and for all you folks from the South, you can get REAL sweet tea there and that is almost impossible out West!

• Stayed February 2004
5 Thank Ruthie50
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 7, 2004

We really like this motel, stay here every Spring. The rooms are good, we enjoy the hot tub, and the price is right. The free breakfast is wonderful! Large variety, eggs, bacon, etc. and not just muffins & toast. The room is definitely worth the price with this amenity.
The location is very easy to get to, just minutes from about anywhere. Have always had a good stay at any Crystal Inn in Utah.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Valley City
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray
Embassy Suites by Hilton Salt Lake/West Valley City
Embassy Suites by Hilton Salt La...
#1 of 12 in West Valley City
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City / West Valley City
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake...
#2 of 12 in West Valley City
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#10 of 12 in West Valley City
La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City West
La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City Wes...
#7 of 12 in West Valley City

Been to Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites West Valley City? Share your experiences!