Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites West Valley City
$128
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$136
My Place Hotel-West Valley City, UT(West Valley City)
$109
$99
WoodSpring Suites Salt Lake City(West Valley City)(Great Value!)
$90
$159
$129
TownePlace Suites
All reviewsmaverik centermaverick centersmall fridge and microwavea great stayan early morning flightice hockey gamefried potatoesseveral restaurants within walking distancesalt lakeairport shuttlehelpful front desk stafffood allergiescoffee makerslc airportonly bad thingkey cardgreat breakfast
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Where to begin; I can truthfully say that this motel has everything imaginable for the road weary traveler. I can very critical but can find nothing to complain about. Oh well, I guess that leaves only positives to comment upon. The price is exceptional, with the value far exceeding the normal fare.

Although I'm staying in the basic room with no extra frills, it's extremely clean and well appointed, with a flat screen T.V. and a great selection of channels including at least five HBO channels. The bed is very comfortable and the selection of pillows will satisfy those who prefer feather or foam.

The breakfast is exceptional, with real hash browns and a variety of the other usual offerings such as scrambled eggs with salsa, and a variety of fruit, yogurt, and cottage cheese. They even have what tastes like homemade pastries. This morning there were home fries instead of hash browns in the buffet.

I went in the hot tub, which is located indoors next to the pool and I was all by myself. The walls must be soundproof because it's extremely quiet. I heard a baby crying in the hallway but when the couple entered their room the sound was immediately gone.

The furniture looks brand new, and there is ample lighting and room for my two computers, scanner and printer for the work I can't seem to be able to escape. The staff is friendly and accommodating. I even got a call from the front desk warning me that my GPS navigator was still on in my rental car and that it may be a good idea to turn it off to save the battery. The person who called had been doing a sweep of the parking lot, although I can't see why that would be necessary because the area seems quite nice.

The motel is situated near many well known restaurants, such as the Crackle Barrel which is right across the street. There is a movie theater complex a couple of blocks away.

I would come back here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: No freeway noise that I can tell. I stayed on the first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Very disappointed with our stay here. Our room smelled a bit like cigarette smoke when we checked in. In the morning, our room smelled terrible, cigarette smoke was coming in from another roo through the bathroom vent.

Breakfast was ok, not great.

After breakfast, we came back to the room to shower, and there was no hot water. The front desk said their boilers were working and they had called someone to check the water. The water did warm up a bit, but never got hot.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Aside from some initial difficulties connecting to the Internet we had a great stay. Rooms were just what we needed. Good location for hockey games and train to town. Food options are very close. Also felt the rooms were value for money. The cinema in the mall nearby was very good, if its a rainy day.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Sadly after messing up on billing several times, and not willing to be helpful they denied a request for partial refund. Even the owner said he was sorry they weren't up to my standards and hopefully I will find somewhere better to stay upon our next visit to Utah!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2012

One Night stay. Room was Nice and Clean. Bed a bit hard from our tastes. Location is good for Utah Grizzlies Hockey Games. Breakfast was good, but could use a few more choices, but not bad for a Hotel. Faucet would not shut off, had to climb under the sink each time to turn on and off when needed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple