“Okay for what it is”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Wendover
Colorado
“Okay for what it is”
Reviewed June 26, 2010

This is a travel motel and for a nights rest when traveling it is fine. Don't expect anything more than clean room and pretty good bed. Bed was comfortable, but not luxury. Room was clean and quite large. Service was great. Expensive for what you get, but beggers can't be choosers out in the desert. The outside enterance was a minus, but the place seems safe. Don't expect much from the breakfast, but it is okay if your in a hurry. Like I said it's a motel that works well for a night on the road

1 Thank Karbeek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 18, 2010

i stayed in almost every hotel in wendover utahbut this is the best of all.....the hotel is very nice and clean..beds are very comfortable.this is one the cleanest hotel i ever seen.price is also very decent...front desk guy was very freindly and polite.....i definetly stayed here whenever i come to wendover.....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sharan1744
Los Gatos
Reviewed September 27, 2008

We got the last room available which is never good. Some sort of event happening on the Salt Flats. None of the casino rooms were available. The owner added $20 to the usual cost because it was a sold out weekend. The room was a typical Best Western (in the middle of nowhere) type room, Rather spacious but not particulrly comfortable beds. When we flushed the toilet the first time we found it be backed up. Maintainance came within 5 minutes but as they plunged the toilet it severely overflowed onto the bathroom floor and onto the rugs in the room. They cleaned it all up but it left us a little grossed out. Unfortunately, no alternatives available for a different room or hotel. We could tell by the fresh chalking in the bathroom this had been an ongoing problem. The next morning the continental breakfast was about the worse we have ever had. Only two tables total to eat at. Ran out of milk and juice in the first five minutes. Very disorganized.
One positive was the building backed up to a hill which meant you could open your back curtains and still have privacy.

• Liked — Spacious rooms
  • Disliked — Breakfast, maintainence
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
eagle mountain
Reviewed May 26, 2008

we came to see the beach boys concert and decided to stay at your hotel. everything else was booked and the bigger hotels were too much for us at the time. so I booked online and we were in for a scare. we entered the hotel and were greeted with a ceiling that was falling apart. and the curtains were coming out of the sheetrock. we actually were supposed to be in a non smoking room and walked into a musty smelly room. we were disgusted. that is all we could smell the whole time we were there. It smelled like someone was smoking pot the whole night and was coming through the floors. the bed was soooo uncomfortable and just felt like the room was very outdated. sorry, but I think next time, even if we dont have the money, we will be staying at one of the bigger hotels that I know will make us feel at home with our stay in wendover. also, the pool looked like it had frogs living in it. disgusting. we felt like we were at the bates motel. I wouldnt recommend anyone staying at this motel . sorry. we stayed in room 208 and didnt even have a complaint card in the motel, so this is the complaint we are giving this motel. hopefully you can update the motel sometime soon so someone else doesnt need to have the experience we had.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — room,
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
salt lake city
Reviewed January 23, 2008

Don't believe AAA's Diamond Rating for this place--it's run down and in poor repair. When we complained of no heat in the bathroom (we were there in winter), the manager rolled his eyes and said, "Oh great!! Something else to repair!!" We had a hard time trying to get him to even knock $10 off the room rate. The breakfast was poor as well.

Stayed March 2007
Lodi, California
Reviewed May 29, 2007

Got a good rate at $66 for one night. Stayed here while passing through on a long roadtrip. Was actually only in the room for about 6 hours. Room was very clean and spacious, but a bit outdated. Everything was pretty old. Pool was drained. Continental breakfast was nothing to write home about. The guy at the front desk was very friendly.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed May 2007
Fremont, CA
Reviewed August 21, 2005

I've stayed here twice. The first time was in 2002, we were moving in a rental truck, had our two cats along, and my impression was that the staff was very helpful and accommodating. The room was ok, but I don't recall many details beyond the helpfulness of the staff from that visit.

My second stay was recent and I was on my own. For me the main pro for this place was the wireless internet, but apparently they don't have this in all rooms so ask in advance. The connection was pretty slow but good enough for checking email and (with patience) a few web sites. Beyond that the room has basically ok, nothing fancy. Sheets and towels are about what you would expect for a bottom of the line hotel, clean but minimal and not at all plush. Air circulation was not great and the room was pretty stuffy unless I opened the windows, but during the day it was too hot for that, and at night, the open windows faced the interstate, which you can't really hear unless you open the windows. The shower head was old and leaky, and the shower curtain smelled a little moldy, surprising for a desert town but maybe not for such a stuffy room. There appeared to be a bathroom vent but it didn't seem to work.

Finally, as I was finishing packing, at 9am there was a knocking on the door, which was the staff checking to see if I was awake yet. This was 2 hours before checkout time, and they were not booked for the following night, so I'm not sure what the point of that was. This seems to be an increasingly common practice at several hotels I've stayed at recently, and I find it annoying -- I've paid for the room until 11am, if I did want to sleep until 10:30 that's my business -- and sometimes I do, my job often requires me to work through much or all of the night.

Given all this, I'd say the price I paid this time was about a factor of 2 two high. This was basically budget hotel level service with a bigger room and wireless internet. I probably should have stayed at a budget hotel down the street, and next time will at least try a different place. But if you get a good price for this place, it's probably ok.

• Stayed August 2005