“Probably the best Mexican food in Wendover”

Onion and Garlic Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Wendover
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 15, 2013

It looks like this place has changed name again. It's now, "Los Compadres Mexican Restaurant." We read the reviews and decided to give it a try. Looking at the outside, we probably would have passed by. It's a portable trailer; similar to what you would see as a school temporary building. However, the inside looks pretty good. Service was very good, as was the food. We had the tacos, tostadas and chimichanga. Price was also very reasonable.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

As mentioned before, don't let the outside area keep you away. It's clean and neat inside. It recently went under new management, and I hope they make it.
Food was very good and I think reasonably priced. Service was great!
I hesitated on going there (we live in W Wendover), but some friends talked us into going out.
I'm glad we did. Will go there again.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This restaurant is a trailer located on the way to the airport. We decided to live on the edge and give it a try. Let me say, it is a typical run down trailer, but I was quite surprised to have delicious authentic tacos. The tacos are $1 or $1.50 with great portion of meat. I would recommended this place for great tacos!!

1  Thank candypop75
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Well I am Hispanic and can be critical. I like the old fashioned home made Mexican food. Had the fajitas carne asada , not the best more veggies than meat, salsa was fine, service was very good.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

the selections in wendover are few. fast food, casino buffet and all very average at best and the cost is high. this little place is special. small older building. simple interior. looks to be a family. young girl and boy working the tables. food is good. we had two combo meals for $15. don't let the outside and area bother you. that note is for wives.
simple place. folks trying hard to make a living. green salsa is different and a little spicy. take your time and relax. large groups will slow down food delivery. where else are you going to go in wendover? there is one picnic table outside.

2  Thank kevin b