“Wendover Stay”

Knights Inn Wendover
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Wendover
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just a few surprises.only 1 of our 2 key cards worked. Make sure you pull hard to latch the door. It opened on us several times.a couple actually got into our room by mistake. Be careful getting in and out of the tub.it is a long ways down steeping out of the tub. The motel did serve its purpose. I got a decent sleep. Also put a towel on the floor in the bathroom because the floor is cold. The clerks at the front desk were excellent.nice people.
I would stay here again now that I know where everything is.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Friendly, helpful guys in the office. Basic small fridge, microwave, etc. Basic TV with cable. The sign on the back of the door said wifi but I didn't try it. Stains on the carpet, walls, ceilings, etc but the room was fairly clean - carpet could have used a little vacuum but it wasn't bad. Towels and sheets were good. No bugs at all. Under $45. I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ed J
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank You for taking out some time to write a review for our hotel. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stopped here during cross-country trek. Basic accommodations. Skipped the continental breakfast in favor of driving down the street to the Nevada side of town for the $2.99 breakfast at the casino. Friendly staff and good price.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Thank You very much taking out some time and reviewing our hotel. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I chose this motel for my recent visit to Wendover because all I needed were basic accommodations and did not want to pay extra for extravagance that I did not need. This Knights Inn delivered excellent value - fully satisfactory for my needs - and at a surprisingly good price.

This is an older motel, and while the property does show some signs of age, my room was average to good condition overall, and although there were a few minor stains on the carpet, the room itself was quite clean, and the bathroom was spotless. The beds were comfortable and delivered a good night's sleep. The in-room climate control unit functioned satisfactorily and delivered adequate heat during the cool nights. The internet connection worked flawlessly, and I had no trouble connecting to it.

The staff was cordial and friendly and eager to be helpful. One minor problem with my reservation at check-in was quickly resolved the next morning by a very helpful team member. Due to an unexpected personal emergency, I had to check out a day early (staying 2 nights rather than 3) and the process was handled quickly and efficiently.

Knights Inn is a member of the Wyndham family of hotels, and various discounts, including AARP, are available when booking through the Wyndham Rewards website. I booked the AARP rate for a 3 night stay, arriving on a Saturday night, and was very pleased with how low it was - and this was a major factor for me in choosing this motel. On previous visits to Wendover, I had stayed at the nearby Motel 6, which was satisfactory, but the Knights Inn delivered a better stay experience and, at least with the AARP rate, at a lower rate.

This is probably the best choice in town for travelers looking for functional accommodations at a good price. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank You very much taking out some time and reviewing our hotel. We really appreciate it and are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

the guy who owns the place is awesome the rooms are huge and super clean. I spent half the price I would have at the casino and felt like I had an excellent value. if o ever need to stay here again this iswhere iI'll go. they are so awesome.

• Stayed: October 2013
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank You very much for taking time and writing a review for us. We are glad you had a wonderful stay. Hope to see you again. Thank You

Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was the first stay of our vacation. It was on the AARP list. The outside stairs are very dangerous and cement is falling off. The room is deplorable. I caught 4 bugs in our room. Their was a gap under the door. I had a bit on my face the next morning. It was a miserable night. This motel should not be offered on Expedia, AARP Travel Center. Cyndi N.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cindy v
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear customer,
The outside stairs are made out of metal not cement so how is it possible that cement was falling. Also we checked all of our rooms, there are no gaps under the doors. It is a outdoor motel and you must have let the door open that allowed bug in because their certainly aren't any bugs in the rooms. Any ways we apologize for the problems you faced.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Compared to other places we've stayed, we would probably rate this lower, but given the price, it's not a bad deal at all. Rooms were reasonably clean and quiet. Service was good. It's not at upscale property, but it does meet the basic needs at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steven W
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear customer,
Thank you very much for finding some time to write a review for our hotel. We really appreciate it. Thank You.