“Horrible place”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Wendover
Union Pier, Michigan
“Horrible place”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It took 3 tries to get a room with a working air conditioner. Rooms and lobby were shabby and none too clean,bathroom dirty, desk staff was surly--talking to buddies and not wanting to be interrupted by mere customers. There were people talking right outside my door all night--my calls to the desk to ask them to move were unanswered. Yuck!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sara S
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn Wendover, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Our staff is always ready to help our customers. All these things you are saying are lies because i personally gave you a room. First of all you reserved a room for 2 adults but had 4 adults staying in the room. Also you brought a pet in the room without notifying us. You and your friends were also drinking beers outside of your room disturbing all the other customers. I nicely asked you to drink in your room. I am sorry if you faced any problems during your stay and we did try our best to help you so please don't write false things.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kent, Ohio
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This place saved our trip! We are traveling across the United States and we were on the road for quite some time. We had booked a room for Western Ridge Motel. Worst experience ever when we got to the Western Ridge Motel. So we drove down the road, unsure of our next move; we pulled off the road and walked into Knight's Inn. Breath of fresh air! We are traveling on a budget and with making a mess up prior to booking this room; it was affordable and free wi-fi and breakfast!! WOOHOO! Then it gets better. The showed us the room we were staying in. Absolutely wonderful. Clean, well kept, and up to date!
Bobby and Jas took us in with welcome arms and without questions, they got us a nice room where I can rest assured. Wonderful people, awesome room, great hospitality!

-Ask for Jas and/or Bobby! They are great!! :)

Room Tip: We are in an upstairs room, the stairs and balcony is durable and large for seating.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TaylorW007
Thank you very much. We appreciate your honesty.
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I went for a road trip with from salt lake city to las vegas. On the way we decided to get a head start at some gambling at the border of nevada. We had a great time and decided to stay at motel on utah side, which is way cheaper. We stayed at the knights inn. It was affordable for our family and clean. I would love to come back

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank mollahasan
Thank You I am glad to hear you had a nice stay. Please come back again.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Room was shabby, had cob webs in corner, expected room to be cleaner. Was shocked that they would rent a room in that condition. Free continental breakfast was toast, cereal, juice, and coffee in the small lobby but no coffee was made. Toast was good! Wouldn't recommend staying here unless you are just looking for a cheap room. But beware...you get what you pay for.

oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn Wendover, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Our breakfast times are from 6:30am to 9:30am. You came for breakfast at 10:30 that is why there was no more coffee. We even offered to make coffee. Our rooms do not have cob webs nor are they dirty. Our housekeeping staff cleans the rooms every single day. We still apologize for the problems you faced.

Travelers are raving about these Wendover hotels

Brigham City, Utah
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The low price, free WiFi, and two TripAdvisor stickers on the office door led me to pick this motel for the last leg of my return trip to the SLC area, without reading reviews or even checking the room. An old, large CRT-TV was adequate and I was able to send email on my iPad. Continental breakfast and coffee in a small area in the front office. Surprised to see a used bar of soap in tub! Only $35, so I'll give it three out of five instead of two.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Utahbooklover
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn Wendover, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
We are sorry about the used bar of soap you found in your room. That was a mistake by our maids. We are slowly trying to improve everything else in our rooms.
Folsom, California
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had been driving for over 700 miles and was tired. I checked other hotels, but they would not allow my dog to stay and the Knights Inn would. I checked in and went to my room. the carpet was so dirty and frayed. The room smelled and I just wanted to get some rest. the bed sheets were clean. I wanted to go fill the car with gas so i would'nt have to in the morning and the door would not lock. I went to the desk and the guy there had just come on duty and he came and could not get it to lock either so I was given another room. I did ask for a refund, but he said that he couldn't give me one. The next room was a smoking room and really smelled and the carpet was filthy there also. I slept on top of the sheets that night and the next morning when I brought the key to the desk. the owner would not even offer an apology. I have contacted Wyndham Resorts with a complaint also as they need to check there hotels to see that they are up to standards. They clearly missed the boat on this hotel. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Wellington, Utah, Usa
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was a bit rough, but it was clean, the room was kept, and the TV worked and so did the AC. The good news is that it came at the right price and it was close to where we were going. The night staff was friendly, but we did have to wait for them to come back to check in which was a bit inconvenient. The beds were not soft at all, so if you're looking for comfort it may not be great, but it will do for a last minute reservation or in a pinch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends