“At least it was clean and had good TV”

Knights Inn Wendover
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Wendover
Wellington, Utah, Usa
“At least it was clean and had good TV”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was a bit rough, but it was clean, the room was kept, and the TV worked and so did the AC. The good news is that it came at the right price and it was close to where we were going. The night staff was friendly, but we did have to wait for them to come back to check in which was a bit inconvenient. The beds were not soft at all, so if you're looking for comfort it may not be great, but it will do for a last minute reservation or in a pinch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Stansbury park, Utah, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

New Year's eve - every other hotel in Wendover was sold out - or so we thought. We booked two rooms. The rooms were dirty, we found spiders, the beds were lumpy and no support on the edges. It was cold and the heater was barely keeping it above 60 degrees. Management did nothing for us. We left.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marshall5686
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn Wendover, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Sorry for the problems you faced. As you saw the motel rooms are outdoors so the spider could have came in when you opened the door. Also, it was very cold that day so it takes a few minutes for the heater to heat the room. You stayed at the motel on New Years Eve but why are you writing the review after five months? Our rooms get cleaned everyday and i am sure if you asked the management for help they would have done so. We still apologize for the problems you faced.

Travelers are raving about these Wendover hotels

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

For a guy like myself who spends a great deal of time on the road, budget locations like this really help. I tend to steer away from many of the more mainstream motels because the people who wait on you and work behind the counter give you the distinct impression that they want you to go away so they can get back to their soap opera. Not so here. The owners were friendly and catered to my specific needs as well as checking in on me daily making sure I was happy with my stay. The motel is definitely old, and as such is showing its age. This is however a locally owned outfit and costs of renovation being what they are, I do not fault the owners for an old stain in the carpet, or old utilities. Point being, I would highly recommend this stay to the passers-by on a budget.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Zhenderson
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn Wendover, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank You for your great feedback. Glad you had a great stay.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed March 26, 2013

there were BIG stains of some sort on the sheets,The carpet looked like it had never been cleaned or vacuumed in a long time ,there was animals hair all over the carpet too( we do not have any pets) the towel I dried off with that morning had some kind of black stains all over it...didn't notice till I was done using it..worst place I ever stayed in !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank patty p
oneonkar S, General Manager at Knights Inn Wendover, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We apologize for the problems you faced during your stay. We had just hired the maid that had cleaned the rooms. She did not do a great job cleaning the rooms and was fired. Once again sorry for the problems you faced.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Booked two rooms, one for $36 and one for $40 and $7 for the dog, room rates were all wrong and they still charged me more than what the confirmation shows. They argued with me that I had 3 rooms and I clearly showed 2. The place was a DUMP! Very over priced for the cleanliness and up keep. Staff was dressed like they worked at the fair. The heat slowly warmed the room and we had a hell of a draft coming through the bathroom. I should have stayed at the Motel 6 next door, probably the same quality however I would have paid less.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott W
The $7 we charged you was for the pet fee. You were only charged for two rooms. There could have been a misunderstanding but that doesn't mean you write lies online. Anyways we apologize for any problems you had with your stay.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is one of the best motels in Wendover. My friends and me were at Wendover gambling at the casinos at night so we decided to stay at a motel. We got two rooms for a very cheap price at the Knights Inn. The bed was very comfortable and the room was really clean. I used the Knights Inn free wifi and it was great and fast.The employees were very polite to us and helped us a lot. In the morning my friends and I enjoyed a free continental breakfast. I will come back here with my friends for sure. It was a great experience I recommend the Knights Inn to everyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends