“Quiet and clean”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wendover
Arvada, Colorado
“Quiet and clean”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This is a very basic motel but is about halfway between Colorado and NoCal. Wendover is small so finding food is not difficult. There is a laundry room though I did not use it. Very good coffee is served in the lobby each morning. Check-in was easy and efficient but the desk clerk was not particularly friendly or welcoming. Honestly I didn't care. I found food nearby and had a quiet night and a good rest.

• Stayed September 2011
7 Thank Gr8Accountant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2011

After reading a few reviews we decided to stay at the Motel6. What a mistake. I was told there were no handicap rooms & we were put in the back of the building. Our room door wouldn't lock so the girl at the front desk asks, would you like another room? Of course, I'm not staying in a room where the door won't even shut all the way. She tells me to get everything back in my cat & when I'm done go to the front desk to get another room. Great it just took me 15 minutes to get everything unloaded, my husband can't walk or help. So now I have to load up the car again to switch rooms. I go back to thefron desk as a walk in is requesting a handicap room & she tells them she has a room available???? Then she proceeds to put us in the room right next door to what we had. Now really, couldn't she have checked where we would be moving to before she told me to get evewrything out of the room we were in? She put us in the room right next door to where wew were. When I stop for a room I'm tired I don;t wany to play musical rooms or be lied to. To top it off the matteress pad is made for a twin bed but is on a full size lumoy matteress. I will never stay here again. Note to management. Not sure why you have 2 girls in the window of the employees room that are looking out the window waiting for someone to pull in to the spot in front of the employees room window & then kiss. Maybe there is more going on at this motel that should be checked into. Just what kind of motel are you running?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank mprther35

Travelers are raving about these Wendover hotels

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Great and wallet friendly. highly recommend. Friendly staff, very clean room

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank DeBretts-Taupo
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I stayed two or three days during the 2010 World of Speed land speed racing event on the nearby Salt Flats. When travelling I typically stay at Motel 6's because they're inexpensive and I have no need for high-end hotel ammenities. This place was great because it was nice and clean, the hotel staff was friendly and very accomodating and the room rate was in the $30's. In fact, my experience here was better than other higher-rated hotels/motels that I've stayed at before. Nice place and I'll be staying here again in September 2011.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
6 Thank rfross
Rifle, Colorado
Reviewed July 13, 2011

One of the only reasons I ever stay at this establishment is the pet friendly policy and the price. For 10 years I have stayed here as my half way point between Colorado and California. Rooms are usually ok quality with nonexistent heat/cooling. On this trip I was turned away because of my 3 small dogs that stay in crates btw. Never before have I been told that we don't want your business. I am a motel owner myself and I am outraged at the poor service, especially as a long time customer who has stayed at this very place at least 20 times in the past certainly I will never stay here again. Changing you policy like this is not a way to keep your customers coming back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank trentpierson
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Good place to rest if you're on a long haul from the west coast. Located right before Bonneville Speedway on Hwy 80, immediately prior to a very boring and sleep-inducing stretch of road. Clean and cheap is all I'll say. The room had an intense sweet smell which effectively masked whatever it was supposed to conceal. The bed was a bit tweaked, but I slept fine. Wireless internet and TV worked OK. The manager was friendly and efficient. The whole place desperately needs a makeover, but then the price would go up...

Room Tip: Arrive mid afternoon for best selection
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank tmartin50
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed May 25, 2011

The Motel 6 in Wendover is a no-frills property with very reasonable prices. When I say no frills, I mean the rooms come only with a TV, a remote, beds and linens, and a bar of soap. Don't expect to find a hair-dryer or little shampoos, and the only available outlets to recharge your laptop or cell phone are in the bathroom. The hotel advertises free wi-fi, but it is very slow and although my room was only 20 feet from the front office, I had only limited reception on one side of the room. After checkin, we went to look at the rooms and found that although the bathrooms were clean and the beds seem to have been made, there was garbage on the dresser and the room smelled of burgers. The staff very promptly and willingly gave us another room, but we were lucky it was a slow night. Otherwise, the property seems well maintained and was a good value for the $40/night internet rate. Okay for a one-night stopover while travelling.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business