Quality Inn Stateline
$45
  • Pool
$34
$41
All reviewsstate linenew carpetingspacious roomhot breakfastwafflestwo queen bedsfridge and microwave
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The average reviews for the Quality Inn at the state line are mixed, but the more favorable reviews that are the most recent are very much in line with my experience, and probably a result of the efforts of the new management. My wife and I stayed here on a cross-country trip, and found the hotel to be very comfortable, reasonably well appointed, and very attractively priced. The best thing though was the included breakfast – cereal, mini-cinnamon rolls, waffle-maker with fresh batter, eggs, fruit, and more. The room was a little dated, but about what you’d expect. Beds were comfortable, room was quiet, and the towels, sheets, and pillows were all good. The location is interesting too; it’s in Utah, but exactly on the Nevada state line. If you’re a gambler, the casinos are just a stone’s throw away (almost literally). The one objective criticism I’d offer is not the hotel, but the town. There are no casual restaurants in the area except in the casinos. If you’re looking for just a quick, casual dinner, your best bet is to order a pizza (one place in town apparently delivers; we didn’t use it, so I’m not sure if they have a dine-in option or not).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We did *not* experience Wendover during any kind of event, so who knows how crazy things could get when Bonneville is going strong - but for an off season, September stay ours was fantastic. Friendly staff, a good room (the shower / tub is a large oval with the showerhead as close to the ceiling as they could get it) and a fine full breakfast. We noted when we ate b'fast how nice everyone was - from the constantly vigilant re-filler, to the guests who said nothing unkind about anyone or anything. A great vibe.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

They need more housekeeping staff during high occupancy times. They overlooked a few things during our 8 day stay for a Bonneville time trial event. The hotel was full and it looked like there was only 2 housekeeping staff. On different occasions during our stay: our bathroom was not swept, we were left without hand towels, rug was not vacummed and one major incident...our door was left open all day. That freaked me out a bit. From that day on, I took all valuables with me out to the salt and locked them in the truck. I told the desk clerk to let the manager know about it. When I went to check out, he said he had no knowledge of the incident. Poor communication between staff. Would I stay there again..yes. Most of the incidents were minor, but none the less, happened. And it seemed to be because staff was in a hurry. Friends that stayed in the more expensive casino hotels nearby had more problems...so cost doesn't always mean a better stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 7, 2012

High points of our room included quiet, comfy bed, good air conditioning, and good amount of space. Tv channels listed in room, but no other information. No refrigerator or. Microwave. We bring our own breakfast. Upon arrival clerk not very friendly or helpful, but when left clerk friendly and gave us 2 cold bottles of water. Did have to ask for help to open the hot water faucet in the tub/shower as it was really tight. Shower itself was good. Pool looked nice. On hunt for ice machine staff very helpful and I also happened upon coin laundry which we would have used if we knew it was there. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

What a great place to stay while on the road. Clean, quiet, pet friendly and spacious room with continental breakfast in the morning. Large pool and nice staff and the price could not be beat!! Will be staying here again!

Room Tip: They take AAA and just tell them you have a pet, it is only a charge of $5 more! North wall rooms are spacious and some rooms on the east side have patios with outdoor furniture.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family