“Quite Nice! Apparently Improving” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Stateline

Quality Inn Stateline
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wendover
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Quite Nice! Apparently Improving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The average reviews for the Quality Inn at the state line are mixed, but the more favorable reviews that are the most recent are very much in line with my experience, and probably a result of the efforts of the new management. My wife and I stayed here on a cross-country trip, and found the hotel to be very comfortable, reasonably well appointed, and very attractively priced. The best thing though was the included breakfast – cereal, mini-cinnamon rolls, waffle-maker with fresh batter, eggs, fruit, and more. The room was a little dated, but about what you’d expect. Beds were comfortable, room was quiet, and the towels, sheets, and pillows were all good. The location is interesting too; it’s in Utah, but exactly on the Nevada state line. If you’re a gambler, the casinos are just a stone’s throw away (almost literally). The one objective criticism I’d offer is not the hotel, but the town. There are no casual restaurants in the area except in the casinos. If you’re looking for just a quick, casual dinner, your best bet is to order a pizza (one place in town apparently delivers; we didn’t use it, so I’m not sure if they have a dine-in option or not).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We did *not* experience Wendover during any kind of event, so who knows how crazy things could get when Bonneville is going strong - but for an off season, September stay ours was fantastic. Friendly staff, a good room (the shower / tub is a large oval with the showerhead as close to the ceiling as they could get it) and a fine full breakfast. We noted when we ate b'fast how nice everyone was - from the constantly vigilant re-filler, to the guests who said nothing unkind about anyone or anything. A great vibe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

They need more housekeeping staff during high occupancy times. They overlooked a few things during our 8 day stay for a Bonneville time trial event. The hotel was full and it looked like there was only 2 housekeeping staff. On different occasions during our stay: our bathroom was not swept, we were left without hand towels, rug was not vacummed and one major incident...our door was left open all day. That freaked me out a bit. From that day on, I took all valuables with me out to the salt and locked them in the truck. I told the desk clerk to let the manager know about it. When I went to check out, he said he had no knowledge of the incident. Poor communication between staff. Would I stay there again..yes. Most of the incidents were minor, but none the less, happened. And it seemed to be because staff was in a hurry. Friends that stayed in the more expensive casino hotels nearby had more problems...so cost doesn't always mean a better stay.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

High points of our room included quiet, comfy bed, good air conditioning, and good amount of space. Tv channels listed in room, but no other information. No refrigerator or. Microwave. We bring our own breakfast. Upon arrival clerk not very friendly or helpful, but when left clerk friendly and gave us 2 cold bottles of water. Did have to ask for help to open the hot water faucet in the tub/shower as it was really tight. Shower itself was good. Pool looked nice. On hunt for ice machine staff very helpful and I also happened upon coin laundry which we would have used if we knew it was there. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

What a great place to stay while on the road. Clean, quiet, pet friendly and spacious room with continental breakfast in the morning. Large pool and nice staff and the price could not be beat!! Will be staying here again!

Room Tip: They take AAA and just tell them you have a pet, it is only a charge of $5 more! North wall rooms ar...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed here last year around 2011 fathers day we were going to a bike ralley in elko nv we stayed 1 night going 1 night on the way back ,they let us keep our bikes out front in the shad and said they would keep an eye on them we thought was cool ,the beds are real nice so are the rooms well keep next morning breafeast was great @ no charge ,so we went to elko nv 6/26/2012 ,and on the way back we just had to stay here again,and again great nite sleep and even a better breafeast the added more idems it was great and the guy that run the place is very funny we could turn are tv on he comes in and turns in right on with the remote witch we have been trying liitel to know there was a swich on the wall that he wouldn't let us know, after a few minates he did it was real nice to have a little fun @ your place of stay i know this is a long review but the staff and hotel are great in my book @ a good price thanks THOMAS PETERSON OGDEN UTAH.

Room Tip: don't stay in a high priced casino and have to pay for breafeast best in wendoverbed are very n...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I drove to Wendover to explore the areas south of there in Utah's west desert. When I got to Wendover I noticed a very tall sign that said Quality Inn, so that is where I decided to stay. After driving all day in the extreme heat I was excited to find out that they have a very nice, large pool. I enjoyed laying in the sun while drying off. The room I got was quite nice and perfectly cool. I'm a tall guy and I was pleased to find that their shower heads are high enough to accomodate me. Gambling is not my thing, so after driving the dirt roads, I would return to my cool room, shower, soak in the pool, get a bite to eat, back to my cool room, hop into my comfy bed and watch TV. The TV's are nice flat screens. Not a whole lot of places have moved to flat screens. Over all, I had a very pleasant stay and I definitely will be back for more relaxation. I work for a large corporation in Salt Lake City and have already recommended Wendover's Quality Inn to many of my co-workers. While I was there, a large contingent of firefighters from California, stayed there on their way to help fight Utah wildfires. Thanks guys!!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms should be just as good as mine was and it was great!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo