“Quite an Improvement”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wendover
Sandy, Utah
“Quite an Improvement”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

After my first visit I was reluctant to try it again, but I've seen many improvements. The two desk clerks I encountered were very pleasant and professional. The shower head and the internet were vastly improved and the bed was very comfortable. The grounds are a work in process, but more attention is being paid to it. I did notice that the shower sprays lightly when using the tub and electrical outlets are hard to find. However, I give the staff and A+ for the improvements made and will stay here again. If you are visiting during the summer, check out the clean huge pool in the courtyard. It is fabulous. Also unlike most hotels with refrigerators, the one in our room was almost silent, clean and worked well.

Room Tip: If the weather is suitable for a patio room (not too hot or too cold), try to get one.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boulder CO
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times; The rooms are always clean and quiet, the breakfast is great and the kids loved the large outdoor pool, which was also clean and well maintained. The management was very helpful; I could not ask for a better place to stay.

Room Tip: we usually stay in rooms on the north side facing the pool but we have been in other rooms which are...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Oxnard, California
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We had a great time there, when we first arrive the clerk was very pleasant and efficient. The room was clean, shower was great with plenty of hot water no bad smells, carpet looked like knew. The room had a private patio by the pool and hot tub. Breakfast was great with waffles, milk, fruit, coffee ect... Perfect location casinos are just up the street.

Overall very pleased and highly recommend..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ramon R
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 14, 2012

When I arrived the wifi was spotty but they had techs on site revamping the system. After they left it was faster than my internet at home. The breakfast was really good with hot foods. This place has a really cool vibe with the courtyard pool in the middle. Really friendly folks at the desk.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank kevmelbel
Camarillo
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel is a dump! They should have paid me to stay at this place! My wife and I stay at this hotel last Friday, June 8. We were traveling from Wyoming to California. I needed a place that accepted a dog, which this hotel did, although it charges $10.00 a night per dog. I stayed in room #133. In the area of the hotel my room was in the WiFi didn't work at all ( I failed to ask when I checked in). The bath water controls take two hands to force open and closed. The hot water disappeared very quickly the next morning. The hallway carpets looked like an army of school kids camped out on them for weeks. The external building doors don't have locks requiring your card key, so anyone at anytime is free to walk into the building. I tried to check out this place with TripAdvisor first, but I my AT&T phone could get internet access in this area. At a total cost of $86.99, it's a rip off for sure.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ron E

Travelers are raving about these Wendover hotels

Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We relunctantly stayed in Wendover because it was late and we didn't feel up to driving another 100 miles to Salt Lake City. We stayed at another motel just down the street a couple of years ago and that place was a real dive (the one with the yellow and black sign). Since we stay at Quality Inns a lot and they're pet friendly, we expected more. This is an older property in need of renovation. The carpeting was stained and old and the whole place just looked run down. That being said, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. There were no funny smells either. We checked the room for bed bugs and found NO sign of any. The front desk clerk was friendly and she was helpful. If we ever stay in this area again, I'd check out the Casinos and see if they take pets. They're just up the street across the state line in West Wendover and appear pretty new. Instead of staying in Wendover, I'd drive to Salt Lake City.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because we are relocating cross country and Wendover was a convenient place to stop. As we had pets with us we chose this Quality Inn because it was advertised as pet friendly. We booked a pet friendly room in advance of our arrival and brought our dogs into the lobby with us to check in. Despite bringing in the dogs and booking a pet room the girl at the reception desk seemed confused by our request.

The room was okay. There was other people's hair still stuck to the shower walls and the floors were a bit stained, but I didn't expect to find a super nice room that allowed pets for the price. The outdoor area was littered with beer bottles, pizza boxes and cigarettes. The pool was dirty and closed and the spa appeared to be filled in with cement.

All of that I could over look. What I could not believe was when we got up in the morning and went to take the dogs for a walk the manager came and started yelling at my husband that we had stayed in a non-pet room and would have to pay for it. We informed him that we had specifically requested a pet room and were assigned our current room. He promptly got upset and started to rant about how he would fire the girl who gave us the room because she gave us that room. He then returned to our room 20 minutes later trying to walk in while we were still in the room and handed us a receipt for the additional $50 dollars he was charging us.

$70 bucks for a dirty room and run down building I can take, but $120 was outrageous for a poor experience and the pleasure of being yelled at by management. I would take a pass on this Quality Inn and take a look at the other places in town, especially if you are a pet owner.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family