Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Book in advance
from
$155.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Bonneville Salt Flats
from $155.00
More Info
from $200.00
More Info
All reviews rest stop gas station car wash rental car road trip land speed record fastest indian cars miles nevada raceway freeway shoes eastbound slc track mph
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2019

Just a simple rest stop where you can park and walk onto the flats to take pictures. Everywhere you look it is just a field of white. As you walk around the salt sticks to your shoes and it is a beautiful sight. Mountain range barely on the horizon, it was a gorgeous spot to take a moment. There isn't really anything more to do than snap a few pictures.

3  Thank imskimmy
Reviewed August 1, 2019 via mobile

Never would have thought that this would even remotely interest me, but WOW such an amazing sight to see! The expanse is incredible, not only when you go out and see it, but how far it continues as you drive across the interstate! In-cred-I-ble...

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank hottoddy88
Reviewed July 31, 2019

The Bonneville Salt Flats speedway area is a World historic site for motor sports enthusiasts, and a shrine of sorts, best publicized by the Anthony Hopkins movie "World's Fastest Indian".

1  Thank John M
Reviewed July 28, 2019

If you are undecided about driving out onto the salt, have no fear! Do it. Incredible photo ops and simply wonderful place to visit. I hesitated going out onto the salt but that only lasted 30 secs when I said what the hell and gunned it. Bonneville salt flats are open to the public and anyone can drive onto the flats. I zipped up and down the track several times before heading into town to the car wash. (The salt will stick to everything like wet sand so expect that). You want to stay towards the middle. As you go out you’ll see cones. These line the “track” which is just a straightaway. The day I went it was a bit wet and not packed down well. I was told the best time to go is right after a race when it’s been packed down right. I still managed 164 mph before too much slipping slowed me down. Adrenaline pumped excitement!

5  Thank Chiro6262
Reviewed July 17, 2019 via mobile

We concluded a day by driving to the salt flats. One can see why it makes the perfect race arena—it goes on and on. The sky seems more wide open in this flat, spacious area. Very little water as it is drying for the races! Take a walk, but be warned the salt sticks to everything and can be rough if you are barefoot.

2  Thank 59GypsyGirl