WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Wendover
Elk Grove, California
“Too noisy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Spent a Friday night here. Staff were friendly. Remodel is nice. Price was great. Didn't hear freeway. But the place just wasn't built well. The walls are thin and you can hear people talking in other rooms, blowing their nose, and when they use the shower and toilet. You can also hear every step being taken in the room above you. Recommend getting a corner room and requesting 3rd floor room so this is not a big issue. Last comment. Toilet and tub/shower are behind bathroom door. Sink is in bedroom.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Parker1cei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I work in Wendover & travel here every weekend, so I've had plenty of opportunities to check out most the hotels. The Best Western is by far my favorite. It's quiet, clean, and contemporary. The beds are big and comfy, and the showers have extra tall shower heads (tall people take note!). The staff is friendly and accommodating. I prefer the Best Western over the casinos, by a mile. I travel frequently to major US cities (New York, Denver, Phoenix...) and this hotel is the ONLY hotel in Wendover that compares to a hotel in a major city. No small town feel here.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rock Springs, WY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Newly renovated...great bed, great pillows, nice full breakfast...it's a fine hotel. Perhaps my experience was a fluke, but the check-in took almost a half hour: some guy in line with a complicated situation, only one clerk on duty, previously-admitted guests coming back to the desk because their keys won't work in the doors, the pool and hot tub closed due to maintenance...it just seemed they didn't quite have their act together and need to have more than one person staffing the front desk at check-in time. Owner seems like a nice guy working hard, and again, the renovation is great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Chapel Hill, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Both basic and exceptionally well laid out modern rooms, clean, comfortable, with possibly the most comfortable bed I've slept in ever. My first room reeked of cigarette smoke. Why the room was considered rentable I can't say. I spent about twenty seconds in the room and returned to the front desk, where the clerk promptly found me another room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank John R
yenavarro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the BW in Wendover. This used to be a Days Inn and the new owners have done a complete overhaul. The rooms, lobby, pool and the entire hotel is beautiful. We got a great rate for the grand opening and the staff was very accomodating. We stayed in the Suite which was very comofortable, with a large sized room, seperate room and small kithcenette area with sink, microwave and fridge.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank yenavarro
Newbury Park, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed here in september 2013 and it changed names from days inn to best western. When we werecallingg hotels we asked if they had a pool because we wanted our 1 year old to burn off some energy. We called the hotels directly, we didnt call any discount booking site. We were told they had a pool so we made the reservation. We checked in, which was slow, then got changed to go swimming. We started to get into the pool but had to out because the water was freezing. We went up to the front desk to complain and their answer was "sorry, we never heat the pool." Now I have swam in the pacific off of CA and this pool was every bit as cold, if not colder. Why the hell didnt they say their pool was unusable when we called and specifically asked about it? We chose this hotel, and paid a lot more than the motel 6 a block away, because it had a indoor pool.
The next thing that annoyed me about this hotel was minor but showed the level of customer care. We booked a 2 queen bed room. It only had 1 luggage stand. I went up to the front desk (this was before the swimming pool problem) and asked if I could get a 2nd one. This is exactly how they answered. "Only one per room" in a rude tone that sounded like I was asking for some huge expensive thing. I kid you not, those were the only words he said. I was trying to no put my luggage on the bed, but after that I didnt care. I am pretty sure a family that needs 2 queen beds will have more than 1 suitcase.
If you need A/C, dont plan on getting any sleep. The compressor would wake us up everytime it turned on. Eventually you had to chose sweating or loud noise. Neither one makes for a good night sleep.
The final major thing was that our door didnt lock right and we didnt know it until someone walked into our room in the morning. I was getting ready to leave, my wife was breastfeeding the baby, when all of a sudden housekeeping walks into the room, no knock, no announce, no nothing. She did not use a key to get in, she just pushed the door open. I tell her to get out, then a couple seconds later she came in again. This time i helped her out and deadbolted the door. Later i tested the door and it did not lock normally. If you shoved hard against the door then the lock would catch but under normal operation it would remain unlocked.
I was so glad to leave this place. I would never stay here again!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel!