“Just add some artwork in the lobby and call it Hotel Indigo”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Washington
Boston, Massachusetts
“Just add some artwork in the lobby and call it Hotel Indigo”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is by far the best Holiday Inn that I have ever stayed at! The hotel and personnel are truly excellent. A nice lady named Keely gave me a great upgrade and was very friendly making me feel sincerely welcome. I stayed in a very spacious suite that had a nice fireplace in the living room and a big patio overlooking the hills. The interior was modern and the room offered more than enough comfort. Breakfast was great and the pool was good. I also enjoyed the fitness center. The hotel is conviniently located at the interstate exit and only an easy drive away from good restaurants as well as the national park. Awesome stay altogether! Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Express_Coral_Canyon, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Your words are so kind! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As GM I do feel we have a great staff. I will let our Guest Service Representative you named know that she made an impression on you and that she made you feel welcome. She is a very sincere person. Thank you for giving us a high recommendation. I hope that our paths will cross in the future and I invite you to contact me prior to make sure you have another "awesome" stay.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Seaside, California
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

While returning from Missouri to California, my wife and I stayed one night in this Holiday Inn Express. What a pleasant surprise (even taking into consideration that most Holiday Inns are very good)! The property appeared to be sparkling new, with exceptional styling and design. The employees were friendly and helpful, but I've come to expect that at all Holiday Inns. What I thoroughly loved was the surrounding area! My dog and I loved the expanses of lush grass to include a beautiful mini-plaza just steps from the inn's front entrance. Plus, we found a walking trail/bike path that led through a nearby development of very new homes and an elementary school. The neighborhood was gorgeous and even the few residents I passed waved with a friendly smile. I loved the fact that this Holiday Inn was secluded, however, I could understand the disappointment if folks wanted to be near shops and restaurants. You'd have to drive about five miles to reach those in the city of Washington. I would love to return here someday and explore the area more!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Conmaker
seattle, Washington, USA
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very nice hotel right off the freeway. Seems like it is fairly new. The room was very spacious and clean which made it easy having two small children in the room with us. The breakfast was great! Much bigger selection than we were expecting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just stayed here again on the way to and from the Grand Canyon North Rim. As usual, the stay was excellent! RV parking in the back always has space. Check in staff was friendly, the room was clean, the pool was warm and the hot tub bubbly. Breakfast has a good selection for everyone. We weren't even planning on staying here on the way home but the kids begged us for one more night here. Even the dog likes to relax here.The drive to North Rim was approximately 3 hours - 2 hours to Jacob Lake.

Room Tip: Room 220 and those nearby are close to the laundry and elevator. Rooms in the 120 range are in the m...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Express_Coral_Canyon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to be your hotel of choice on multiple occasions. The fact that your stay was again "excellent" and "check in staff was friendly" and "the room was clean" is a tribute to the real heart and soul of our property, our dedicated and hardworking employees. It sounds as if the entire family, including your dog were able to relax. On your next trip to our area, please contact me prior to your arrival. I would like the opportunity to meet you and thank your kids for begging you to return. I hope to see you soon in sunny St George Utah.

Troy, Ohio
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Another beautiful Holiday Inn Express that I stayed at in Utah. Everything was great and comfortable. No problems. Great nights sleep and the staff were all very accommodating!!! I visited Bryce Canyon and this was a perfect place to stay for that visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Express_Coral_Canyon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I see that you are from Ohio. You have been traveling across America! I personally thank you for allowing us to house you on your long road trip. I am so glad that you had a great night sleep and that you found that the "staff were all very accommodating!!!" Our goal is to exceed guest’s expectations and the fact that you experienced “no problems" is an indication that we have met your expectations. Continued safe travels and if you visit our area in the future please let me know in advance so I can make sure you next stay is equally "great and comfortable."

Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Recently stayed here for one night. Was glad that it was only one night - air conditioning was very noisy. Suite was clean and spacious. Breakfast buffet was good. Was quite expensive.
Bit puzzled by other people's comments about it being new - didn't seem new to us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “Spacious suite.”

Thank you for bringing to my attention that the air conditioner seemed to be a little loud. I will make sure that we address it. I am so glad that you found the “Suite was clean and spacious” and ‘breakfast buffet was good”. Again thank you for taking the time to let us know our strong points and the issue of the AC.

Utah
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed at this Holiday in several times and it is always great. Very clean with comfortable beds andthe breakfast is delicious. The room where breakfast is served is huge and has a beautiful view out the windows.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank UtahMan87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Best Western Plus Zion West Hotel
#16 of 41 in St. George
Hampton Inn & Suites Springdale Zion National Park
Holiday Inn Express Springdale - Zion Natl Pk Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites at Zion Park / Springdale

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington? Share your experiences!