“Waited in line for 2 1/2 hours, left without seeing it”

Staheli Family Corn Maze
Ranked #6 of 14 things to do in Washington
St. George, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Waited in line for 2 1/2 hours, left without seeing it”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

They need a better system for getting the lines to move faster. We arrived at 8:30 on a Friday night. We waited in line for 30 mins to purchase our tickets, from there we stood in line for 2 hours waiting to get onto the tractor-pulled trailer that takes you over to the corn maze.
I paid $36 for my two daughters and I, so I feel it was overpriced for this type of activity. The worse part was the crush of the crowd pressing forward to get to the front, many people, mostly teenagers crowded on ahead of us, this constant cutting in line continually moved us farther and farther back.
Some employees showed up around 10:30 and started threatening the crowd to move back, the crowd was understandably unwilling to move backwards because we knew that if we left any open spaces in front of us that those spaces would quickly fill with more people and then we would be even further back in line.
A group of us relented and moved backwards about 10 feet, and sure enough, our places were taken by a flood of people.
The worse part was the exhaust fumes from the tractor's, the tractors would pull-up and idle while loading and unloading passengers. The fumes were getting so strong that I began to get nauseous, a lady in front of me said that she was getting a headache from it. I felt like I was being gassed.
Finally at 11:05pm, I could no longer endure it, so I escaped the torture and took my girls and went home. It would take a lot to convince me to ever go back and try again.

3 Thank HJOA
Sherrie R, Owner at Staheli Family Corn Maze, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Hello this is Sherrie from Staheli family farm...I was disappointed to see your review on trip advisor. As the business owner I first want to apologize for the inconvience of the long lines. We had a big increase in our visitors this season and were experiencing some growing pains. I appreciate you letting us know your feelings that helps us to know the areas to improve. This season we can see and started to make improvements. I hope I am safe to assume that your trip to the farm was mid Oct. .I know towards the end we did get better. We hope you will give us another chance. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.
Sherrie

Las Vegas, Nevada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Family Tradition”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is the 3rd year in a row that we've taken our kids from Las Vegas to the Staheli Family Farm for the Field of Screams and Corn Maze. During the day you can come hear and go to their pumpkin patch and pick your own pumpkin. Cost was .30 cents per lb. They have alot of things for young children to do. We go during the day, leave and go to dinner, then come back for the haunted Field of Screams. It's a blast! Not recommended for the young. Our youngest is 13 and there are parts that scared him. One of our favorites to visit with is Wicka Dee Witch. Love her!

2 Thank vikski85
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“We enjoyed our Fall visit”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Nice Cattle Farm! They have good entertaining grounds to visit for the fall. Not sure I would visit for anything thing else but great fall fun. Took my kids (elementary and middle ages) and they had a good time. Lots of things for the younger kids to do with the bounce pillow, petting farm and my son loved the tether ball of all things. We took a VERY short ride to the pumpkin patch which is a small vegetation field with pumpkins placed around. It was not stocked well when we arrived at 6 pm on a Saturday but my youngest was too young to notice or care. I was a little bothered by this since we had to pay to even get to the pumpkin patch and then had to buy the pumpkins. The pumpkins were reasonably priced if you did not include the price of the REALLY short wagon ride. I just consider the total cost as worth the fun for the kids.

The Corn Maze is a lot of fun and was even a little spooky without be too scary for the kids.

We had a good time and even got pics with the resident witch. We will do it again next year!

2 Thank tgrazor
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Pumpkin Farm Getaway”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This year we came up from Las Vegas with my parents visiting from Arizona. I have my husband and two boys ages six and eight. The weather was great- cooler than average for the end of September. The cost is $6.00 per person for the pumpkin patch and farm playland, or $9.00 per person to include the corn maze. There is no discount for seniors or children which is too bad. We played for a while in the farm playland-the kids love the giant jumping pillow- and the petting zoo is fun as well. Then we took a hayride out to the pumpkin patch and picked out some pumpkins-they were in the patch but already cut from the vine. The last thing was the corn maze, a short hayride away. Great fun!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Myisland00
Riverton, Utah, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“So much fun around Halloween!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised how well the haunted corn maze was! I was actually scared a few times! It's a really fun atmosphere with lots for everyone to do. The owners are super friendly as well. It gets really busy tho! We waited forever to even get on the truck to go to the haunted corn maze and then waited another.. Forever.. To go through. Worth it tho. I'm glad we went and plan to go again!

Visited October 2012