“Great Breakfast - I'll need to try idinner here”

The Cactus Room Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Virgin
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We live locally and are glad that breakfast is once again offered here. The breakfast is excellent with my wife having a Veggie Omelet and me the French Toast Special. We knew the chef, Domenick, from the Red Coyote and are glad to see him again.

I will warn you, if there are a lot of people ahead of you the wait can be long! Hopefully, the place will get really busy and more help will be hired.

I need to try one of Bob's Buffalo Burgers, reviews and friends say they're really good.

Win

1  Thank WininZion

Reviewed October 21, 2011

We came for the best cheesecake ever only to find it was sold out by 11 am. Instead we enjoyed the burgers, chocolate cake and pumpkin pie. I actually groaned my delight over the pie and the cake was so good my nephew licked the plate clean. (He's 8 so allowed although the adults looked jealously on.) The staff was super nice and helpful. After a hot hike I suggest stopping for a great meal, cold beer and good company.

2  Thank colesmom1
Reviewed September 10, 2011

It was 105 when we were returning to Springdale from letterboxing along route 9 in southern Utah. There was only one car in the parking lot but we were very hungry and needed a drink. We were greeted and taken to our table (no one else was in the restaurant) loud music was playing. The waiter who returned with water and menues was very, very talkative. He recommended the buffalo burgers so we ordered the burgers with hand cut fries. We were pleasantly surprised with a large burger ($8) that was done just right and tasted delicious. Bob, the cook, came out to talk and he was just as talkative. We had a great meal and would certainly return. The cafe is in the Buffalo Trading Company building...don't drive past.

1  Thank GusPuma
Reviewed September 3, 2010

My wife and I just moved to this area and decided to go out to dinner someplace new. We were heading up to Zion National Park, and saw this quaint looking restaurant along the way and decided to stop and check it out. And boy are we glad we did.
The help was very friendly and helpful, made us feel very welcome.
There is a gift shop attached to the restaurant, with lots of unique and Native American artwork and jewelry.
We had a good time looking around while we were waiting for our meal.
The meal was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit here and would recommend it to everyone passing along this stretch of road.
Be sure to ask for Bob. : )

2  Thank beawinner
Reviewed July 10, 2008

Virgin is a tiny spec of a town on the road to the main entrance of Zion National Park in Utah. Blink and you might miss it and the wonderful food at the Cactus Room and have to pay higher prices in the trendier and more developed park-entrance town of Springdale.

We stopped here on the way back to Vegas after dropping some friends off for some serious canyoneering. We were offered either the breakfast or lunch menu and opted for a late breakfast. My wife and I both had "Bobby's Omlette". The omlette was perfect, but the homestyle potatoes were among the best I've ever tasted. It was also presented very nicely (with a twist of orange slice) for a breakfast.

Of special note (besides those great potatoes) is the drinking water. This area of Utah is beyond hot and dry in the summer--a cold glass of water can be a great refresher. The Cactus Room has an exceptional glass of ice water (filtered)--clear, crisp, cold with no chemically chlorine taste.

If you are looking for good food in this stretch of highway, this is the place. The Cactus Room is situated in the Buffalo Trails Trading Company, which features some nice, authentic Native American artwork/crafts and an ecclectic variety of antiques. "Bobby" (of the above omlette fame) also enthusiastically chatted us up with ideas for our return trip to the area next year--a good resource for local things to do that are off the typical tourist route.

3  Thank kipkayak