“Best in the west”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Vernal
Henderson, Nevada, United States
“Best in the west”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Road warrior here. Spend 3/4's of the year on the road. Been staying at Best Western Dinosaur Inn, in Vernal, Utah, for almost 3 years. I'm on an expense account, and could stay at the Marriott properties, or the Holiday Inn, or others. The entire staff at BW Dino are most likely some of the friendliest - and genuine and know how to make you feel comfortable - folks you could ever know; from the girls who do the breakfasts, to the housekeepers, to the maintenance guy (Julio) to the front desk clerks, and the manager and the owner's son-in-law who works the property. It's been a great experience. They have a swimming pool - get this - that's actually outside. What a concept, right? It's located so you get the Spring and Summer sun all through the afternoons and early evenings. BW Dino has larger-than-normal rooms and suites available. Ask if one is available upon check-in. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. The hotel is located in the middle of town. Dinosaur National Monument and the roads up to Ashley National Forest are all nearby. Flaming Gorge is about a 45 minute drive. There are good restaurants within walking distance; try Vernal Brewery a couple blocks away; they have good burgers and offer Utah's weak beers but also hi-octane brew pub beers. Watch out for those 14%'ers. Could be a rough day when you wake up. The parking behind the pool is a bit tight, otherwise parking is no problem. The oil business is booming now, so the prices in the area can be a bit high, but still, if you go to the Marriott or Holiday Inn properties, well, you'll pay a lot more $'s for their name. Personally, I find the value per $ = more at BW Dino. And you get the same/greater comfort you'd find at other hotels in the area. And comfort is what we all want in a hotel room at the end of the day. I recco joining BW rewards program; you may find some deals on there that you won't on travel sites. Finally, no, not an employee of BW or its affiliates or associates. Not getting paid for this. Honest, from-the-heart critique here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

3 Thank Jeffrey W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Santa Cruz, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We have stayed at Dinosaur Inn on 5 separate occasions in the past 18 months during all seasons. If you're in the Vernal area this place is one of the top places to consider. Staff is incredibly accomadating and friendly, the facilities are excellent with large rooms and the pool is nice and cool in the summer. It's also close to 2 of the best restaurants in town. Lots of fun things to do in this area as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

3 Thank John T
Baton Rouge, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Family suite was perfect for our family of 4. THe beds were comfortable. However, the nonsmoking room reeked of smoke and the wifi did not work in our room. The breakfast was average with waffles and bacon being the highlights.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

West Valley City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

I've stayed at most of the hotels in Vernal and the Dino Inn is the most comfortable with the best accommodations. Its gets expensive during the summer but well worth it. Make sure to book early or you might have a hard time getting a room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Vernal, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

The rooms were nice, they were clean, and I would have enjoyed my experience if it weren't for the staff in the breakfast room. They were two females and catered to my husband (a handsome man), cooked him fresh omlets etc., when he went down and there was not much food left. I went right after him and they ignored me for the most part, then asked if I was going to get anything because they wanted to clean up (10 minutes early). I left with one piece of sausage and cold oatmeal. Had a been a cute male, they probably would have brought food out to me or cooked me an omlet as they did my husband and possibly the two men who were sitting at a table eating omlets and bacon and sausage. They acted kind of annoyed with me and a little rude toward me. Oh, and then on my way back to the room, the guy plowing their parking lot was not watching where he was going and nearly ran me over.

Other than that, my stay was nice and the motel in general was nice. It had a cute gift shop, and the person at the desk was nice.

• Stayed December 2013
Brock S, Manager at BEST WESTERN Dinosaur Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize for the delay in responding. We have been very busy with a full remodel of our hotel rooms. We hope you will return and stay with us again and try one of our remodeled rooms.

I do apologize for your experience with our breakfast staff. When I received this review, I took it to my breakfast team and discussed how we can work to meet the needs of our guests better. We also talked about the importance of keeping breakfast open for the full length of time and not cleaning up early. I hope you will give our team another chance to provide you with a great experience at the Best Western Dinosaur Inn.

Thank you for your business and review.
Vernal, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Because of mechanical issues at home, my son and I needed to stay at the Best Western in Vernal, UT. I can honestly and unabashedly state that I felt completely at home. Very comfortable room. Great breakfast every morning. Staff does not hesitate to help with anything. Great stay at a Great Place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Brian S

Thank you for your business and review.
Rock Springs, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel mulitple times. The rooms are always clean, and smelling good. All the equipment on the facility is in good condition, i.e. all the air conditioners work, showers/hot water works. The beds are very comfortable. The staff is exteremely friendly. They have always gone out of their way to try to help me and accomodate me. The morning breakfast is delicious, they have a part time cook that will prepare eggs, bacon, and other breakfast items to order. Yes the eggs are REAL!!! i watched her crack them and scramble them up with my own eyes. In addition to eggs and bacon they have really good waffles and a pancake making machine, which is actually pretty impressive. I've stayed at the Marriot in town and would have to say i enjoy staying here more simply because of the personable staff and delicious breakfast. Safe travels my friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Jason R
Brock S, Manager at BEST WESTERN Dinosaur Inn, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for the review you have given us. We really appreciate return customers and it means a lot to us when you go out of your way to let people know why you return and stay with us. We are happy to hear that what we are doing is showing you that we do appreciate your business. We look forward to having you return time and time again so we can continue to make our hotel your home away from home.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernal
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Naples Vernal
BEST WESTERN Antlers
BEST WESTERN Antlers
#6 of 17 in Vernal

Been to BEST WESTERN Dinosaur Inn? Share your experiences!