“Good sizes rooms”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Vernal
alresford
“Good sizes rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

With plenty of space and a basic but adequate restaurant serving pretty typical Western USA food - no beer allowed though. Beds were big and comfortable and the bathroom immaculate.Good place to overnight on the way up to Yellowstone from Aspen Colorado.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ashleebru, Manager at BEST WESTERN Dinosaur Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I am very glad you enjoyed the bed in your room. We have been replacing all the beds on property will pillow tops and I am happy to hear that they are a well liked improvement. The housekeeping staff takes pride in making sure the room is very clean for every guest. They will be happy to hear about your comments on the bathroom. Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Dinosaur Inn and we hope to see you agian soon.
Ashlee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Southampton, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way to the Dinosaur National Monument. The room was clean, well-sized and the staff were friendly. Overall, while there was nothing to complain about there wasn't anything to blow us away - except for the bed. The bed was amazing, one of the most comfortable we slept in across our stay, beating some far more expensive hotels. The bed alone nudges this into four-star territory - after all, it's what you get most use out of!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ashleebru, Manager at BEST WESTERN Dinosaur Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the bed! We are currently puttting new mattresses in the rooms and I am happy to hear that we have choosen a wonderful mattress for our guests. I hope that the next time you visit Vernal you and your family with stay with the Best Western Dinosuar Inn again so that we may have the chance to wow you again. Thank you Ashlee
SL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stay at this hotel 3 times a year for business and love it. Friendly staff, clean, incredible decor and so comfy of beds. Internet is great. Just recently stayed in a suite at an AWESOME price. Huge and wonderful. You could have all your kids/grandkids and feel very roomy. Loce this hotel. I have never ever had a problem with this hotel in over 12 years of staying

Room Tip: all are wonderful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ashleebru, Manager at BEST WESTERN Dinosaur Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I am happy to hear you love to stay with us at the Dinosaur Inn. We always like to hear that our guest enjoy their stays. I am very glad you were able to stay in one of our family suites. These rooms are very large and do accomodate a family of four or more nicely. I look forward to see you again at the Best Western Dinosaur Inn.
MORENO VALLEY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here for 5 days and was very disappointed. Checked in around 2pm and immediately went hiking with some friends. When I returned that night I had 3 problems: most TV (Direct TV) stations wouldn't work; toilet kept running; mini fridge (the smallest I've ever seen in a hotel!) froze my fruit. I turned fridge all the way down, but next day it did it again. They eventually replaced it, after $20 of fruit! I reported the TV station problem the next morning before my friends and I left on a full day of hiking. I explained that some stations worked, but many common ones didn't (like all ESPNs, USA, SYFY, CNN, MSNBC, etc). However, when I came back, still same problem. I called front desk pretty upset. They sent maintenance man over. Turns out all they had told him was 'TV doesn't work'. Thus when he got to my room without me there, he saw it DID work. Anyway, he fixed it that night by calling Direct TV.

One other thing. These rooms are big, but layed out weird. If you want to watch TV from the bed, you have to do it sideways, TV is not at foot of bed. Strange. And with these big rooms, too bad they don't provide a couch or comfortable chair.

Next time in Vernal I'll be checking out other options.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank drdroad
ashleebru, Manager at BEST WESTERN Dinosaur Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I am very sorry about your experiance with the t.v. and the fridge. It is a huge inconvience when information does not get relayed correctly. We will be using a new maintenance request system in hopes that this will help eliminate further confussion. I am glad we were able to get you a new fridge but am sorry that the fruit was frozen. I hope this did help with the rest of the stay. The rooms are large and comfortable, but I am sorry you found the layout to be weird. We are currently looking into some new layout options and hope this will improve on the look fo the rooms. Thank you Ashlee
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Looking for a clean and quiet place to rest your travel-weary body? Although Vernal Utah offers many lodging options, I found this Best Western Dinosaur Inn to be conveniently located, a little high-priced but clean, and with a very friendly staff. You'll find the usual offerings at the "Continental Breakfast" bar - fresh fruit, dry cereals, coffee, tea, etc. Currently, the nearest restaurant was a 2 - 3 block away - but within walking distance.

AARP members receive the AARP discount.

If another over-night stay is needed in Vernal, this will likely be the place for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FKAW
ashleebru, Manager at BEST WESTERN Dinosaur Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
The staff will be happy to hear that you found the service at the Best Western Dinosaur Inn to be friendly. We like to make everybody feel at home as much as we can during their stays. We do have a nice quiet location and being close to the Flied House of Natural History Meseum does make it nice for the quests. Thank you again Ashlee
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Best Western Dinosaur Inn located in Vernal, Utah proves to be a pretty average place to stay. There really isn't anything truly exceptional about it and there really isn't anything bad about it. I found my room to be relatively clean although the sheets smell slightly misty and the bathtub didn't seem very clean. I did my own spraying before my bare feet got in. But overall, it was comfortable and the internet was pretty decent in speed. But I really like the location since it was only a very short walk to the Utah Field Museum which was my primary target toward the end of this day. Staff was friendly and professional so that was a big plus. On the big minus side, the free breakfast was pretty pathetic. I mean not even an orange juice??

But overall, it wasn't a bad visit. I slept well so that what counts right?

Room Tip: Recommend second tier rooms to avoid the eleplants above. Rooms closest to the pool may get little n...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
I am sorry you did not find the room as clean as it should have been. Our housekeeping staff does pride themselves on how clean the rooms are, the housekeeping supervisor and I will be looking into what happened with the room you stayed in. The restaurant did currently just open and have been serving the breakfast for the motel, I will letting them kow that there is still room for improvement on the breakfast service. I am glad you did have a good night sleep and was happy with the location. We are always improving on the service we offer and you comments help us to make those improvments. Thank you Ashlee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Nice welcome from reception staff on arrival. Nice large room opposite the pool . Free wifi and cable tv. Breakfast was not good and the dining room was tucked away around the back if you wanted to eat to get you through the day then you best go to one of the many eaters along the main road . Hotel is in a great location for the dinosaur national monument quarry.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Buster1953
I am glad you had a nice stay in our rooms. The restaurant did just open and they are currently working on the breakfast service. I will let them know that we still have some things we need to improve on. Any comments are a great way for us to learn. I hope you will come and visit us agian. Also I am glad that you were able to view the new building at the Momument. Thank you Ashlee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernal
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Naples Vernal
BEST WESTERN Antlers
BEST WESTERN Antlers
#6 of 17 in Vernal

Been to BEST WESTERN Dinosaur Inn? Share your experiences!